Esu v3.5 light and speed adjustments

paftrain

Hi all, I’ve searched high and low but can’t find where this may have been covered before. 
i recently purchased, second hand, a Bachmann Class 42 Warship with sound that has an ESU v3.5 decoder. I want to 1) reduce the brightness of the headcode lights and 2) increase the top speed. I would appreciate if anyone can tell me which CVs to adjust and how. I’m ok with reading existing CVs and inputting new values but need to know if more than one CV is involved for each change.

Many thanks in advance for any help.

So according to the ESU Loksound 3.5 manual  Top speed is set by CV 5 and is in the range 0 to 64, 64 being the fastest  Its set to 64 by default at new.

What CV is used for the headcode box?  Is it the main head light? If so, then its dimmed via CV113 and setting the value between 0 and 15 with 15 being the brightest and 0 being dark/ Off

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brian said:

So according to the ESU Loksound 3.5 manual  Top speed is set by CV 5 and is in the range 0 to 64, 64 being the fastest  Its set to 64 by default at new.

What CV is used for the headcode box?  Is it the main head light? If so, then its dimmed via CV113 and setting the value between 0 and 15 with 15 being the brightest and 0 being dark/ Off

Hi Brian,

that’s great, thanks for your help! I’ve changed the CVs and it’s now sorted!

• Like 1