I’m trying to find out about the signals at Horton on the S&C as we are in the process of building an N gauge layout with the same track plan. You can see it on the S&C layout forum on here. However we are trying to work out Distant and Home positioning for them. I just wondered if someone on here could help in this regard.

Cheers

Mac

The SRS have published a book which should show the information you need current in the 1950s. I am not sure if you have to be a member or not but it is vol 12 in the Swift books which can be purchased at a cost of £6.95 (plus P&P I would think).

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Stephen Freeman said:

The SRS have published a book which should show the information you need current in the 1950s. I am not sure if you have to be a member or not but it is vol 12 in the Swift books which can be purchased at a cost of £6.95 (plus P&P I would think).

I believe anyone can purchase, you just don’t get the member discount.  Unfortunately the SRS website was down last time I tried (hosting problems).

Paul.

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, mac1960 said:

I’m trying to find out about the signals at Horton on the S&C as we are in the process of building an N gauge layout with the same track plan. You can see it on the S&C layout forum on here. However we are trying to work out Distant and Home positioning for them. I just wondered if someone on here could help in this regard.

Cheers

Mac

Horton-in-Ribblesdale - Fri 18 September 1981

image.png.6e6e7ddd96d3e3b867ce38763c647d42.png

• RMweb Gold
12 minutes ago, mac1960 said:

Beast66066

Thank you for the picture, much appreciated.

Cheers

Mac

I have a few of the box, ground signal and starter if they are of interest, let me know.

11 hours ago, 5BarVT said:

I believe anyone can purchase, you just don’t get the member discount.  Unfortunately the SRS website was down last time I tried (hosting problems).

Paul.

I did omit to mention the book on the S&C as it is a bit vague/confusing (to me anyway) as some of the information (plans and a photo or two) is probably a bit too modern relying on info after the 1977 alterations plus I think you would need to take into account the the boxes either side of Horton to get a full picture. This is why I suggested the Swift book as it relates mainly to the 1950s.

Thanks everyone and I managed to speak with the gentleman who made them and he has old BR S&T diagrams for the area and I have 4 Red signals as required. Thanks for all the comments and help.

Cheers

Mac

• Like 1