If you are after something in particular post your wanted ad here.

WANTED..... Embossed Stone Paper OO Gauge

greggieboy

Hi Tony, thanks for the reply......I must say the larger sheets look very, very similar to the ones I'm after, but the sheets I've had previously were imported from Greece,  ( although sold through E-bay ) and  didn't have a makers name on......in fact the texture of the sheets are similar to heavy wallpaper.....I presume the ones in your photograph are fairly rigid card if they are by Faller.

I have used these sheets - for a random embossing pattern they work really well,  but fade to a bilious shade of green very quickly. I tried various exposure tests using varnish and UV sprays but all failed. A pity as it was an excellent product - seems to have vanished from ebay now - I do have a couple of sheets left, along with some others of differing finishes but don't want to waste time on using them. What I did with your sheet was scan it  and intend to try printing it out  on a light fast print printer  using 90lb water colour paper to see if I can replicate  a pseudo embossed effect, and if that doesn't work  do it on a normal, heavier, paper. One of many things waiting their turn in the queue, but I can send you a sheet to experiment with or else my scans - I played around with colours  but haven't done anything with them yet. PM me if this is of any use. I don't think it is worth going to the bother of using them as they although.

Hi Ben, thanks for the response. They are actually still available on E-bay but the guy who supplies them (in Greece) will only dispatch them in packs of 16 for £26. As I only need 3 or 4 sheets I didn't want to pay that much money out and have 12 or 13 sheets left in a drawer for ages. Hence the advert here. Thank you for your offer but I will see if I get any more replies on here first if that's ok. You never know.....someone may have 4 sheets lurking somewhere !!!Lol. ( As for the 'light -fade' problem, it seems as long as the sheets are kept out of direct UV light, they hold 90% of their colour. I have some off-cuts that have been in a dark cupboard for about 2 years, and are fine ). Best regards. Greg.

• Like 1

He also sells on Etsy as starboc2. I've bought from him many times. He currently has an 8-sheet pack of that stone for $14.23 (£11.21), but you have to spend at least $18 (£14.14) or he has to cancel the order -- some stipulation from Greek mail for being able to qualify for the tracked shipping.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1465011919/new-8-sheets-landscape-wall-187-ho-scale?click_key=2778ede2fb5f6502f25dac06886536a289145a4e%3A1465011919&click_sum=cc441598&ga_search_query=HO&ref=shop_items_search_40&frs=1

• Informative/Useful 1