Polish (online) hobby shops

Nick_Burman

Anyone here familiar with Polish online hobby shops? If yes, can they be trusted? I'm asking because I found an item at this particular shop https://kolejowemodelarstwo.pl/ which I'm interested. However, I'm feeling unsure about ordering as the page has no other language option and no mention of shipping outside Poland within the EU (I'm in Italy). I've emailed them in Google Translated Polish and English but so far, silence. Any suggestions?

Cheers NB

35 minutes ago, Nick_Burman said:

Anyone here familiar with Polish online hobby shops? If yes, can they be trusted? I'm asking because I found an item at this particular shop https://kolejowemodelarstwo.pl/ which I'm interested. However, I'm feeling unsure about ordering as the page has no other language option and no mention of shipping outside Poland within the EU (I'm in Italy). I've emailed them in Google Translated Polish and English but so far, silence. Any suggestions?

Cheers NB

Hi, I have bought online from Sklep Modelarski SHOP.DCC24.EU shop on several times, even after brexit and have recieved fast service with no issues.

Its in Poznan and I have visited in person 5 or 6 years ago.

modelmania in Gdansk is also a well established model shop but I have only bought in person so don't know about their postage.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
On 09/01/2024 at 18:38, Nick_Burman said:

Cheers NB

ive not used that particular ahop but I have used a half dozen retailers in poland, all worked out ok.

I did have one odd one, that was sent not to Great Britain, but the British virgin islands…Brytyjskie Wyspy Dziewicze not Wielka Brytania

it went there, and came back… took an extra week, went via Heathrow to BVI, right to a local post office there, before coming back to Heathrow, but I still recieved it… the tracking history was very amusing.

Everything else has been fine.

Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Premium
22 hours ago, adb968008 said:

I did have one odd one, that was sent not to Great Britain, but the British virgin islands…Brytyjskie Wyspy Dziewicze not Wielka Brytania . . it went there, and came back… took an extra week, went via Heathrow to BVI, right to a local post office there, before coming back to Heathrow, but I still received it… the tracking history was very amusing.

I had similar issues with a delivery from work to Israel. It was tracked East Midlands - Heathrow - Johannesburg - Cape Town - Heathrow - Tel Aviv.

Getting back on topic - I wonder if @SM42 can offer assistance to the original question ?

DCC24 should be OK IT'S been going while now and others seem to have had good service.

I'm planning to pay a personal visit next month. 

I use Dataland Hobby in Poznan mainly  but have only been a personal shopper.  Can't vouch for postage outside Poland though

Unfortunately the owner doesn't speak English, or at least I've never heard him do so. 

Sorry I can't be more help for international mail order advice.

Andy

• Like 1