Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

EFE motorised 1959/62 tube stock & sound

Hi all.

with the new EFE tube stock landing on peoples doorsteps this week i thought i would let people know that sound is an option.

incase you missed it as Bachmann were quiet on it, the new EFE train is available exclusively through the London Transport Museum, for £399.

sound is via a pair of Plux22 Loksound V5 decoders, Genuine recordings from the London Undergrounds 1962 stock Rail Adhesion Train.

pre set up incase you decide to fit exterior lighting also.

my own model hasnt arrived just yet so here is a vid which Richard Croft has kindly put online.

its available through Roads & Rails anyhow :)

Hopefully you LT modellers like it, its been a lot of work! 

Eric

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Erixtar1992 said:

Hi all.

with the new EFE tube stock landing on peoples doorsteps this week i thought i would let people know that sound is an option.

incase you missed it as Bachmann were quiet on it, the new EFE train is available exclusively through the London Transport Museum, for £399.

sound is via a pair of Plux22 Loksound V5 decoders, Genuine recordings from the London Undergrounds 1962 stock Rail Adhesion Train.

pre set up incase you decide to fit exterior lighting also.

my own model hasnt arrived just yet so here is a vid which Richard Croft has kindly put online.

its available through Roads & Rails anyhow :)

Hopefully you LT modellers like it, its been a lot of work! 

Eric

That sounds really good, Eric. I still love the sound you did for the Met Bo-Bo electric locos, and rate that as one of the best sound projects I have heard for an electric. I motorised an EFE 59/62 train some time back, but I'll have to seriously consider adding your sounds to it now. 😊

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SRman said:

That sounds really good, Eric. I still love the sound you did for the Met Bo-Bo electric locos, and rate that as one of the best sound projects I have heard for an electric. I motorised an EFE 59/62 train some time back, but I'll have to seriously consider adding your sounds to it now. 😊

Appreciate that! Thanks!

ive actually reworked some bits of the Met BoBo project as some of the sounds are bad quality and there are a couple dodgy bits in the motor sounds too, i need to finish it off and send it to Richard :)

if you end up fitting the 62 file to a modded old efe set and dont have a Lokprogrammer then let me know as the file may need a few tweaks for that, tbf i may send Richard an ‘old efe’ version thinking of it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Erixtar1992 said:

Appreciate that! Thanks!

ive actually reworked some bits of the Met BoBo project as some of the sounds are bad quality and there are a couple dodgy bits in the motor sounds too, i need to finish it off and send it to Richard :)

if you end up fitting the 62 file to a modded old efe set and dont have a Lokprogrammer then let me know as the file may need a few tweaks for that, tbf i may send Richard an ‘old efe’ version thinking of it.

I'll contact Richard in due course. I usually buy the decoders locally here in Oz, and pay for the sound file to be sent by email - I do have a LokProgrammer, an expensive device but I think it has paid for itself for my use. With the Met loco, I turned down the volume on the contactor sounds, but otherwise I think it is very good as is.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SRman said:

I'll contact Richard in due course. I usually buy the decoders locally here in Oz, and pay for the sound file to be sent by email - I do have a LokProgrammer, an expensive device but I think it has paid for itself for my use. With the Met loco, I turned down the volume on the contactor sounds, but otherwise I think it is very good as is.

Yeah they are one of the main things i have changed haha

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mark Saunders said:

The topic title caused me to ignore it till I received an Email from the LT Museum to realise this is a new model and deserves better publicity!

Mate it sucks! Its been like the quietest new release ever! Its really odd that Bachmann didnt have it in their announcements vid, yet they had the kernow booster loco.

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

I found out about it in the LTM Friends quarterly magazine that arrived this week. I was in London this weekend and took the opportunity to go up to town to buy mine in the shop in Covent Garden.

Does anyone know the Bachmann/EFE part number as so far I can't find it on the packaging? Previously they used the 999xx series when sold in 4 car or 2 car IoW sets. Or is it the bar code number 471169?

As it was commissioned by the LT Museum Bachmann may well be leaving the marketing to the Museum. It's many years ago now, but I think I'm right in saying that they've done that before in Gilbow days with 3 previous LT  Museum specials:

<>  a '38 Stock 4 car Whitechapel set (identifiable by an A suffix on the boxes and a "step" warning sign on the windows) Ref 99931,

<>  a '38 Stock 4 car Amersham set with the running numbers of the actual 4 car heritage set, identifiable by the mislabelling of the A numbered DM as the "D" end and vice versa, Ref (9)9931/A and

<>  a '59 Stock 4 car set in unpainted aluminium finish Edgware. (not to be confused with the corporate liveried RWB set with the same destination) Ref 99937.

The A stock was well publicised being the first serious 4mm scale RTR LT/LU model when it was released, (the Ever Ready 1950s Standard Stock has too many errors even for it's day to be considered a serious model IMHO). I think that the the 3 renumbered A Stock subsequent releases for the LT Museum are much less well known. The first 2 were renumbered versions of the full 8 cars (to move excess stock) whilst the most recent being a rerun 4 car set at £595 (ouch) without the option of adding the additional cars to create a 7 or 8 car set. I don't know if Bachmann publicised them at the time of have left that task to the Museum.

There has also been 57xx pannier model commissioned by the Museum of L94, Ref 31-903, not to be confused with the other L94 commissioned by Kernow I think it was, 32-217Z. The Museum commissioned model is virtually unknown which probably explains why it was duplicated by another commissioned model.

10 minutes ago, GoingUnderground said:

There has also been 57xx pannier model commissioned by the Museum of L94, Ref 31-903, not to be confused with the other L94 commissioned by Kernow I think it was, 32-217Z. The Museum commissioned model is virtually unknown which probably explains why it was duplicated by another commissioned model.

32-217Z is a LTM commission of L94 as it was in 2013, as it was intended that the real L94 would be used for the 2013 Steam on the Met events.

Kernow commissioned 32-210Z which is L95.

Edited by Paul.Uni

1 hour ago, Paul.Uni said:

32-217Z is a LTM commission of L94 as it was in 2013, as it was intended that the real L94 would be used for the 2013 Steam on the Met events.

Kernow commissioned 32-210Z which is L95.

Thank you for the correction. I'm not at home at the moment so I was working off my memory of events over 10 years ago so I couldn't refer to the original models and their packaging to check my facts. But it remains that there have been models commissioned by the LTM over the past 20 years many of which have not been publicised.

They commissioned a rerun of the OOC Feltham Tram to celebrate (if that's the right word) the last Feltham to run in London No. 2079 in 1951. That's probably another relatively unknown/unpublicised LT model as it's only available through the LT Museum.