RAILEX (Aylesbury) 25th & 26th May 2024

gazzaday

• RMweb Premium

Railex has been the best exhibition for years that I can get to and as always looks to be an outstanding line up. 

With events disappearing and layouts dropping off the circuit due to many factors I’m sure we are all aware of, the organisers must be congratulated on putting this together and working to overcome difficulties presented. Too hot. Too wet. Too cold. We have to accept that there will always be a limit to what can be done - if anything, given that as stated above there is no alternative venue.

I for one am looking forward to Railex24 

Brian

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Having managed Railex from 2005 to 2019 we had a team at the stadium management who was consistent and knew what we wanted and would go out of the way to help us. Covid found many of the long term staff move on and the centre taken over by Serco, so when we returned last year, we were faced with a whole new management team, so we had to go through all the stuff that had been automatic in the planning stage in previous years.

We have look at other venues but there is nothing which is local or affordable. The bowels Hall is on the same site, so we were not starting with a black sheet of paper. Hopefully we will be back in the main hall in 2025. Until you have run at least one show in a new location there is no way all issues that may arise on the day can be planned out. Hopefully this year we can learn and overcome things that happened last year.

Tim Peacock the exhibition manager and the rest of the Railex team are putting together a superb show for 2024, So feedback and constructive criticism are fine if it helps to make Railex a better show, although many things including the weather are outside our control.  The only way RAILEX will continue if we have enough visitors to cover our costs. So, if you can visit this year, we would love to see you.

David

• Like 7
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

Just now, Penrhos1920 said:

Is there a bus service from Aylesbury station this year?  Or am I thinking of a different show?

We hope to, I have been in contact with the owner of the bus who is happy to do it, but he needs to arrange his drivers as he doesn't drive the bus himself.  So yep we should have green Routemaster.

David 

• Thanks 1

On 03/02/2024 at 15:45, Gilbert said:

and let's hope the organisers continue their good work. ....

I was there for a whole day in 2023 on a stand and although I enjoyed my al fresco lunch it was tolerable all day

52930501132_b693acae61_c.jpg

at least visitors had the option of popping out to enjoy the late Spring sunshine - however in view of the prevailing conditions at the time  I did wear shorts....as I do to Railwells (and quite  a few the venues these days) whatever the weather forecast.....

My Railex 2023 album is here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/103471893@N02/albums/72177720308616327/

Chris H

I feel really hungry now..................................🙂

Just to say that BEIJIAO will be at Aylesbury this year, or perhaps I should say BEIJIAO.v4 will be at Aylesbury this year.

My layout has had several upgrades since its original launch on the exhibition circuit as with each showing we have learnt more and consequently made upgrades.

The layout is set in a remote part of NE China in 2001 where main line steam was till holding on by the skin of its teeth and with only a few weeks/months before main line steam finally ended, many railfans like me went over to take photos and videos. 

Our mission is twofold - if serious enthusiasts want to learn about what it was like to travel around China in the early part of this century and photograph 'big steam' in action we will be there to chat about our experiences and pass on our knowledge, but if the 'average visitor' just wants to see plenty of action - we will be there to entertain.

Keighley1.jpg.168b38e4dc6cf7377e8120966e58cbae.jpg

Edited by TEAMYAKIMA
  • Like 4

Unfortunately, Dingo Servo Mounts are no longer able to attend Railex 2024.  We will publish an up to date schedule of layouts and traders, as well as a floor plan in due course.

I must agree that the Sports Hall is the prefered venue, and the heat in the Bowls Hall in 2023 was oppressive, so here's hoping that both the weather and the ventilation are kind to us this year. It has always been a great show, the organisers are helpful and if the Bowls Hall is the only option, we will keep our fingers crossed.

However I am reminded that the Sports Hall also could get very warm, unless your stand was under the vents at the far end, which meant that folk at that end wore coats, while the rest of us were in shorts and teashirts.

Looking forward to the weekend.

Chris

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...