RMweb

Tyne Dock 9Fs Double Chimneys

Well on with my second O gauge 9F , tender done thanks to some very good photographs post on here.

My next decision to be made is, was there a double chimney 9F working the Consett oar trains. If there was what was the running numbers.

I have already  a Tyne Dock 9F with a single chimney and would like to have a double chimney variation if there was one.

9F.jpg

26 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

No DC 9Fs on the Ores.

True of the train engines [92060-6/97-9], but in early 1962 the double chimney mechanical stoker fitted 92167 was used as a banker from Pelaw for a while. The three stoker fitted engines had a unique tender type, of course...

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 21/01/2024 at 12:08, Cwmtwrch said:

True of the train engines [92060-6/97-9], but in early 1962 the double chimney mechanical stoker fitted 92167 was used as a banker from Pelaw for a while. The three stoker fitted engines had a unique tender type, of course...

Well I had never seen that mentioned, however I didn't go to Consett after may 1962, as my Grandparents that had lived there, passed away then.   Bankers had always dropped off before Consett; if only I'd known but I was but a wee lad!

Thanks

Phil

A paragraph in an article by Charles H Dean in "Trains Annual 1964". Also, the caption to the heading photo says it shows 92167 assisting 92064, but the banker is some distance from the camera and could be any 9F. Its exhaust though is very dark, which would be consistent with the small coal or smaller which the stoker required.

• Informative/Useful 1