I guess I have a Youtube channel now

Ian Holmes

• RMweb Premium

I've watched a couple of your micro O gauge layout videos, ironically before you posted a link to your channel on here.

Being someone with an interest in American outline & cameo layouts in general, I'm looking forward to seeing it progress!

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Lordy Lord!

I've been so bad at posting updates to the YouTube channel.

Since that last post a couple of months ago I've built a station building, and a goods shed too. There's even a station platform build on the way. You'd best head over to the channel and check this and all the others out.

Ian

• Like 2

Lordy Lord! It's modelrailwaymonday! So that means another blogchat. In this one I discover an amazing tool that helps me build square baseboards

This weeks layout blog update. This will be the last one here, as I don't believe anyone on RMWeb views the channel. I have been told that I post tedious shite, so this will be it for a while 

• Friendly/supportive 1

On 20/05/2024 at 15:22, Ian Holmes said:

This will be the last one here, as I don't believe anyone on RMWeb views the channel.

Yes I do!! Although mostly when the subject is U.S. outline. 😁

On 20/05/2024 at 15:22, Ian Holmes said:

I have been told that I post tedious shite

Wow!!! Someone really sugar-coats their opinion, don't they??!! 😱🤯

I hope you asked to see their videos, or blog, or whatever, so you can pass judgement in return. 🙄😡

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, F-UnitMad said:

Yes I do!! Although mostly when the subject is U.S. outline. 😁

Wow!!! Someone really sugar-coats their opinion, don't they??!! 😱🤯

I hope you asked to see their videos, or blog, or whatever, so you can pass judgement in return. 🙄😡

I look at it as well!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

I've had a number of ball-breaker incidents like that, Ian. One was last week when my elbow clipped a nice die-cast traction engine model and knocked it onto the floor, shattering several bits. The worst was when I finished building a Schools class from a kit, complete with paint and lining, only to have the loco find the ONE spot on the layout where there was a possibility of crashing off the tracks and all the way to floor, encountering a radiator along the way. The loco was in bits and I was heartbroken at the damage and the lost work, but (as with the traction engine) when I returned to it after a few days with a fresh mindset I was able to start making the necessary repairs. Hope the same proves the case for your coil-car and it doesn't end up demotivating you. Good luck with the marathon!

• Thanks 1

Hi Ian, saw your bad news last night on YouTube & extended my sympathy there.

As I said, the Atlas O coil car is remarkably fragile & I broke a few bits just getting it out the box!! The plastic catwalk all round it is one of the worst things, as it's where you naturally try to pick it up.

If the cover part is ok, even a donor chassis from a different road could salvage the situation, perhaps?

• Friendly/supportive 1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/404001560636?itmmeta=01HZ7Q165NNCX70T8VXH01FRZF&hash=item5e105e983c:g:ZncAAOSwwp1jdk-2&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAAwL0%2BfPfMgh64%2FoCH1cvwL8QBlXNROKXyKQ9IIXEQR4TuVHc4LLDAegDSIwEpYo8XW%2FtW41sOM8LHID%2BM5DwTEueOdimTXlq3ycqtZbxuL3b5W2wpjwHPSEoJx7M%2F6pGy2YT24A8a%2BngLDnOSp%2FwdaprDVmV10d3B64XhSieXr3xoIXZuRDDwROtw99vCge9UvlENMwHkmLOePkauEIhFinXPQD%2FCcc3g501XyUi3ST7G9I7p34ZRBiUNQuwtcx3VeQ%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR_bihPf5Yw

On US Ebay at the moment, an Atlas O South Shore coil car - may be of interest, Ian? 

I know it's another $75; and 3 rail - but that's an easy swap of the trucks from yours, and new Kadees.

Then flog the 3 rail trucks back on ebay, and maybe even the damaged model? Sure you'd get some money back that way. 👍🤔

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Saw a type of US Railroad movement I've always want to see yesterday. Some street running. It was raining and I was beered up. But what a great sight. 

• Round of applause 1