Close coupled Airfix B set

Due to failing memory I find I have not 5 red B set coaches but 7 so my "2nd" set is in fact my 3rd.     Final acquisition made 3 pairs after I fitted white metal vents to replace the missing ones.   However I forgot the usual "Ugleigh" branch B set has H/D type Peco  couplings all round and shortened H/D Peco couplings between the pair with buffers removed I understand they either had no buffrer at the inner ends or proper buffers  all round not shrunken dwarf Airfix type.
Anyway I took an unflattering  warts and all photo showing standard  and close coupled versions together...    I never realised the close coupled set has the interior painted two different colours!

DSCN2573.JPG

DSCN2572.JPG

• Like 2

I've used the Kean coupling close-couple adaptor on my B set. It needs a bit of fettling to get it working properly but certainly looks a lot better as does most of my other coaching stock. I've managed to get some coaches down to having the corridor connections actually touching. Yet to be tested on very sharp train set curves, they run ok on my layout. Fitted with the little magnet couplings make them run even better