RISEX 2024 - RISBOROUGH & DISTRICT MODEL RAILWAY CLUB EXHIBITION

gazzaday

The Risborough & District Model Railway Club will be holding a Model Railway Exhibition at the Community Centre, Wades Park, Stratton Road, Princes Risborough, HP27 9AX, on Saturday 17th February 2024 from 10:00 to 17:00. The exhibition will feature the very best local layouts, trade support and demonstrations. There will be second hand sales, refreshments and some modelling displays.  Further details can be found on our promotional YouTube video: Risex 2024 YouTube Video

Risex 2024 Poster.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Looking forward to this, the first exhibition of the year for me.  Hope 'Kevin the Kite' and his chums are in attendance in the area again.  Fingers crossed against rail strikes...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am thinking of attending RISEX on Saturday. First time to this show but looking into the travel time and costs by car or rail from Surrey, so can anyone please clarify the parking costs at the venue? The car park does not look very big in Google maps so are there restrictions in local roads?
Also could anyone provide the name of the Polish layout as it was unclear in the RDMRC’s video. Thanks for any help to encourage a new attendee!

Edited by ModRXsouth

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, ModRXsouth said:

... could anyone provide the name of the Polish layout ...

"Tamzynowo Wlk".  Tried to get a Polish colleague to take her son, but she says he is still a little young for it.  But he has a Lego train-set...

12 hours ago, ModRXsouth said:

I am thinking of attending RISEX on Saturday. First time to this show but looking into the travel time and costs by car or rail from Surrey, so can anyone please clarify the parking costs at the venue? The car park does not look very big in Google maps so are there restrictions in local roads?
Also could anyone provide the name of the Polish layout as it was unclear in the RDMRC’s video. Thanks for any help to encourage a new attendee!

The name of the Polish layout is Tamzynowo Wlk.  Further details can be found on our website: Risex 2024.  Parking is available in Mount Car Park, see website link: Mount Car Park

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, ModRXsouth said:

As David says, reasonable up to a maximum of £3.60 for 12 hours.

Full details of charges etc. https://www.buckinghamshire.gov.uk/parking-roads-and-transport/parking/find-a-council-car-park/the-mount-car-park/ 

Tesco maximum stay appears to be 2 hours.

Edited by Mike_Walker

• RMweb Gold

Thanks to all for the lovely day out yester-day.  In at 10.00, first (paying) customers of the cake/refreshment stand we were told, and stayed till 14.30 (not just by the cakes).  Broad selection of excellent layouts giving much inspiration.  Everyone friendly and helpful.

The builders' merchant's yard on Glenridding Lane was delightful, I loved the group of buildings on the left of Loughborough Road - many arches and alleys to peer through giving different views (was it based on a real cluster?) - and I fell in love with the handsome loco on Tamzynowo Wlk, thus:

PICT3482PAN3072x1120.jpg.44d7698b0d350e4c5973274c03feca1a.jpg

The stock looks like OO because of the huge loading-gauge, I assume.  Another spectator agreed with me the scenery looked wonderful.

Managed to resist buying more stock, but I did get three more 2d-hand books of photographs of 1970's wagon-load freight (two the undeservedly-neglected Bradford Barton), two road vans and a 'bailer' wagon-load.  Thought the grey tones nicely with my drab 1970's aesthetic.  Unfortunately, it is too wide for my bodged SPV 'Plate' wagon as intended, so I put it on the Lowmac instead:

PICT3493PAN3072x1256.jpg.d817c9ccaa82eb678e348524d744409c.jpg

Thank you all for the hard work in organising it.  Hope others including @ModRXsouth enjoyed themselves as much as us and you all got home safely.  I will make more of an effort to get to the Stoke Mandeville show this year.  Best wishes to you all.

• Like 1

I would like to send out a personal thanks to all of our traders, societies, layout owners and Club members for putting on an enjoyable and successful exhibition.  Special thanks needs to go to the catering team (both Club members and their partners), who kept us supplied with light refreshments, beverages and our celebrated cakes throughout the day.  The exhibition was financially successful for the Risborough & District Model Railway Club, the proceeds of which will help us fund our new Clubhouse and will ensure that we are able put on exhibitions of this quality in the future.  Finally, a very special thanks to all of our visitors who attended on the day.  We hope you had a very enjoyable day.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, C126 said:

Thanks to all for the lovely day out yester-day.  In at 10.00, first (paying) customers of the cake/refreshment stand we were told, and stayed till 14.30 (not just by the cakes).  Broad selection of excellent layouts giving much inspiration.  Everyone friendly……..I fell in love with the handsome loco on Tamzynowo Wlk, thus:

PICT3482PAN3072x1120.jpg.44d7698b0d350e4c5973274c03feca1a.jpg

The stock looks like OO because of the huge loading-gauge, I assume.  Another spectator agreed with me the scenery looked wonderful.

Thank you all for the hard work in organising it.  Hope others including @ModRXsouth enjoyed themselves as much as us and you all got home safely.  I will make more of an effort to get to the Stoke Mandeville show this year.  Best wishes to you all.

To C126 and Gazzaday - 

Frustratingly, a sudden domestic issue on Saturday morning prevented me attending the show so I missed seeing Tamzynowo Wlk in particular. Any chance you or anyone else could post further photos - will it be appearing at another show? Any information appreciated - thanks again.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Herewith the few I took.  Apologies as always for the quality.  It was much larger than expected, compared to what is available elsewhere on the www.

PICT3486.JPG.07d65d9ad643b64504daf2186793184e.JPG

PICT3490.JPG.41f2060bb37a006c7f25396b35b28ac5.JPG

A few details:

PICT3487PAN3072x1120.jpg.1c5aa6479724541310e5c2ce6f55a163.jpg

PICT3492PAN3072x1120.jpg.5375d06668a0ee2c0785a1e8bc5de90d.jpg

Edited by C126
Better caption/explanation.

C126 - you are a star, thank you so much for posting those photos. I will get to RISEX next year!

Wow, Tamzynowo Wlk looks very impressive, the detailing certainly creates an effective atmosphere of its geographical setting. All credit to the owner - and looking at how the displayed baseboards end, I assume there could be further sections. I hope there will be another opportunity to view this layout somewhere.

Your earlier post mentioned the “handsome loco.” I am collecting information on Polish railways and that appears to be an ET22 Co-Co electric loco used for both freight and passenger traffic; probably PIKO HO gauge.

• Thanks 1

If you enjoyed Risex, you are going to love Railex.  The Risborough & District Model Railway Club team that brought you Risex will be putting on Railex at the Stoke Mandeville Stadium near Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire on Saturday and Sunday 25th/26th May 2024.  The exhibition will feature quality layouts, trade support and demonstrations. There will be second hand sales, refreshments and some modelling displays.  Further details can be found on the RMWeb thread: Railex 2024 and the Railex website: Railex Website

• Agree 1