Tramfabriek has a new coreless upgrade kit for N Dapol Class 22

It’s not listed on his site yet because Sven is still writing the manual, but you can get it from this link:

https://tramfabriek.co.uk/#!/Dapol-Class-22-coreless-motor-upgrade/p/587614078/category=0

I only found out because I’d been enquiring about his gear puller for my 22, so it was a real surprise to learn he actually now had a coreless motor kit available for it. I ordered it yesterday, and it was despatched the same day. Great service and a lovely chap to boot.

I got Sven’s permission to share this link. I’ve no affiliation other than a happy customer, and I’m sharing it in case others have been waiting for this upgrade kit to become available too.

Edited by n9
Changed "Dapol 22" to "Dapol Class 22" - might make it easier to search
  • Like 1

• n9 changed the title to Tramfabriek has a new coreless upgrade kit for N Dapol Class 22
  • 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, rogerdee said:

I'd like to know how you get on with the upgrade and how easy it is.

Sure! I'll be giving it a go soon and my intention is to post some kind of update or guide.

The kit has arrived though:

IMG_0442.jpg.92a935ddfcb66f23be1e6146a43433ed.jpg

Pretty quick turnaround and delivery time given the usual Customs nonsense getting stuff to me.

As you can see, I got the gear puller too to get the flywheels off the motor, although Sven suggested it might not be necessary and that gentle prying with a couple of flat screwdrivers either side of the driveshaft can do the trick. (I wanted the gear puller anyway because it just seems useful to have and will probably also help remove some types of wheels.)

Sven also said that the plastic collars either side of the flywheels can come off just by pulling with fingers, so I will be trying that first.

If you don't want to wait for me, I think the Tramfabriek Class 52 guide should give you enough general knowledge. I'll be relying on that guide for the motor swap part because I'd already stripped my Class 22 right down. My feeling is though that if you're not hamfisted with these sorts of things it should be reasonably straightforward, with the main dangers probably being bending the driveshaft or damaging delicate mouldings/cosmetics or the usual risks with soldering.