Bachmann Class 37 - fitting Kadees

I have one of the new Bachmann 37`s, which i tried to fit Kadee`s  to with the help of @TravisM and his Bachmann mk 1s. Coaches worked fine but when attaching the 37 to the coaches the coupler head on the 37 was too low . We used no 20s 

Any suggestions please to get round this problem ? 

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Glencoe Model Railway said:

The Bachmann coaches have the pockets at the wrong height sadly. Best option is to get some of the Keen Systems drawbars which are pretty good. 

Is that just the Mk1's that have them at the wrong height or it all of them?  I tested my Mk1's against a Kadee coupler height gauge and they seem to be spot on.

• RMweb Premium

Check the tension locks that came off the vehicles. If the shank is flat, the box is at the right height. if there is a step or crank in the shaft, the box is at the wrong height and fixing it is a bother.

Somewhere someone talked about gluing the Kadee shank onto a cutoff Bachmann shank.

The wrong height boxes are randomly distributed through the range.

• Informative/Useful 1

On 05/02/2024 at 02:40, BR60103 said:

Somewhere someone talked about gluing the Kadee shank onto a cutoff Bachmann shank.

The wrong height boxes are randomly distributed through the range.

I've done that - unless someone manages to find a glue that strongly welds the two together then IME the joint needs strengthening - I use a small nut and bolt. HAs the advantage compatred to the alternatives of not having to carry out any physical work on the coach.

On wagons there is usually the simple of option of sliding the NEM box out of its mount the required amount, adding some padding between the box and chassis if desired to retain the height.

• Like 2