New 12mm gauge motor bogie from Halling

HSB

This has just come up on Facebook which may have uses for TT120. The 21mm wheelbase version scales out close to 8' 6" so could possibly be used to power 3D printed DMUs and some classes of diesels. At 8mm diameter the wheels are acceptably close for DMUs but 9mm ones would be closer for Class 20, 21/29 , 22 or 23 diesels. Frustratingly, they actually do 9mm wheels with a longer wheelbase!

Halling, Ferro-Train, Stängl - News 2024.01 - The Game Changer

ANT-ALX-210-H0M.png.ca60948f23a1719b502effa2f0074466.png

Edited by HSB
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 2

I see that they will also be available without wheels and driving axles, with a choice of wheels sizes, will be available separately. 

Edited by HSB
  • Like 1

It looks like someone is already proposing a couple of TT:120 models based on these motor bogies plus other models and scales too. However nothing appears to be available yet in any of the four scales shown and the web site seems to be a work in progress but it might be worth keeping an eye on:

https://spannershedmodels.weebly.com/tt-1120.html?fbclid=IwAR35R1Lg3kjJIhIfrqOL_y7zwHoJteFgX6MFOxF1IAAhc4_WX-TXMnI0twI

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Porfuera said:

It looks like someone is already proposing a couple of TT:120 models based on these motor bogies plus other models and scales too. However nothing appears to be available yet in any of the four scales shown and the web site seems to be a work in progress but it might be worth keeping an eye on:

https://spannershedmodels.weebly.com/tt-1120.html?fbclid=IwAR35R1Lg3kjJIhIfrqOL_y7zwHoJteFgX6MFOxF1IAAhc4_WX-TXMnI0twI

Thanks for the link. If the kits do become available I might buy the LNER/BR 20T Brake Van to see what the quality is like or wait and see if someone here on RmWeb builds one and lets everyone know how it runs before I invest in a locomotive.

If the brake van is a good model I might well pickup both the J70 and the LNER Y1/Y3. I can make use of an industrial and a dockside shunter.

That's my site, I used to produce 009 stuff (mainly) back in the day but now I'm tinkering with TT. If you're on Facebook, I post most updates on this group.

Thankfully Halling provide STP files of their motor bogies, so I've been able to adjust the J70 to suit and build a Y1/Y3 around the bogie. I'm at the point of doing the CAD work with test printing to do next month.

image.png.8f73248321f60dde10932ababcb55cb1.png

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/02/2024 at 22:20, Vanguard 5374 said:

That's my site, I used to produce 009 stuff (mainly) back in the day but now I'm tinkering with TT. If you're on Facebook, I post most updates on this group.

Thankfully Halling provide STP files of their motor bogies, so I've been able to adjust the J70 to suit and build a Y1/Y3 around the bogie. I'm at the point of doing the CAD work with test printing to do next month.

image.png.8f73248321f60dde10932ababcb55cb1.png

I am due to have test prints of this loco and another for the chassis arriving shortly so will be doing a few test builds. When I know it’s 100% correct and fitting to the chassis, I’ll be offering the kits for sale.

• Like 3