RMweb

Exclusive Class 31 - Updated Images

If I may politely inform you that it should feature a louvred engine room external access door on each side. This was modified on all the 'toffee apple' pilot scheme EE engine conversions D5500-19, including D5518 which became 31101, upon changing from Class 30 to Class 31 during 1968-9 when they also received their first rail blue repaints. I have attached images to help.

5500 Lea Bridge April 69 Slide 444.jpg

31018 Stratford February1977 Slide 2259.jpg

31018 NRM April 2002.jpg

• Like 1
  • Agree 6
  • Informative/Useful 1

17 hours ago, BrushVeteran said:

If I may politely inform you that it should feature a louvred engine room external access door on each side. This was modified on all the 'toffee apple' pilot scheme EE engine conversions D5500-19, including D5518 which became 31101, upon changing from Class 30 to Class 31 during 1968-9 when they also received their first rail blue repaints. I have attached images to help.

5500 Lea Bridge April 69 Slide 444.jpg

31018 Stratford February1977 Slide 2259.jpg

31018 NRM April 2002.jpg

I have also noticed that the depicted model has Mirrlees exhaust ports which are incorrect as my images show.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi folks,

Just to offer a caveat on this; this is an early decorated sample from last year. The factory used the wrong body assembly for the sample, which as has been correctly observed, uses Mirrlees exhaust ports and features the incorrect bodyside door. 

Rest assured we were fully aware of this and the final models will have the correct details where they should be!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 18
  • Round of applause 1