Peterborough North

great northern

9 hours ago, great northern said:

More of Mons Meg, from up on the bridge...

1025133827_7504above.JPG.b2e2b370176ce526b44fe8f73263d3aa.JPG

and the very familiar view from over by the Midland sidings.

380157043_85043.JPG.8d1d90a71ca11d2923ab31d6d3bc469f.JPG

These shots with artificial light look cold even when I boost the colour, but if I go even a little further it becomes too much.

Makes me feel cool when it's 39C here today.

Keep up the great work Gilbert.

Thanks

Andrew

Edited by Woodcock29
Typo
  • Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, great northern said:

Hands up those who remember the awful B pictures that preceded the main event at the pictures

Oh yes Gilbert. Some real gems although sadly I can't remember much about them except one called "The Tingler" - does that ring any bells (sorry) for anyone? Fear became incarnate and crawled around looking for a human spine to inhabit....

I do though remember all the original St Trinians films....

Kind regards,

Richard B

• Like 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

15 hours ago, great northern said:

Can't resist this, as I never thought I'd be able to say it. It was hotter than that round here last July.

Trouble is our predicted 39 yesterday became 40.6 in reality! But then you might have got that?

• Friendly/supportive 3

3 hours ago, great northern said:

Tonight we shall feature a train. It is the 3.40 Down Newcastle, and it has an A4, Silver King.

783618691_14161.JPG.c201a76a9b7b45b9d6f78276a621a01f.JPG

1596098963_15162.JPG.dc259a2c01c3e933d5fde32d699f4be5.JPG

I think these wide views are really good. Of course the new houses on the road and the left bridge extension finish it off nicely.

Andrew

• Agree 6
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, Woodcock29 said:

Trouble is our predicted 39 yesterday became 40.6 in reality! But then you might have got that?

Not quite. Our new record was 40.3, about 30 miles from here, but it isn't that long ago that 27c was very unusual.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, great northern said:

More plonks this morning., though the first one does have a train in it.

717479867_11plonk3.JPG.5054e2d04f8043584a31e2061ab69388.JPG

448230332_12plonk4.JPG.516476bc588b8a27fe4718e3e5bd6035.JPG

I can also see the rear end of a train in the "Up" platform in the second picture - so you are underselling yout post. Not only that but the second picture features your C12 4-4-2T as pilot - I like C12s!

Well done.

Regards

Chris H

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Metropolitan H said:

I can also see the rear end of a train in the "Up" platform in the second picture - so you are underselling yout post. Not only that but the second picture features your C12 4-4-2T as pilot - I like C12s!

Well done.

Regards

Chris H

As I typed it I did think exactly that, but was too idle to qualify what I was saying. Could anyone not like C12s? If so, one really should feel sorry for them.

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Hope the NCE issues settle down Gilbert, I'll be interested to hear how you get on.  I put a new chip in mine a couple of years ago so I could upgrade it to work with JMRI plus some additional detection capabilities, thankfully all uneventful.

Love the pic of the two A4s, but I must ask, can we have a B17 sometime soon😉

Cheers

Tony

• RMweb Premium

Well that was a bit of a faff and at least it weren't thick snow I suppose.

On the bright side it is worth noting about Digitrains suggesting that Scanning 'possibility' thing. They at least could send stuff in an anti scan pack. Worth announcing the 'possibility' elsewhere G? Spread the word of the 'possibility'. I keep saying 'possibility' as there are some on certain parts of RMW that will deny any such thing can ever occur and you are wrong and that DCC is the Spawn of Belezebub etc.

My Power Cab continues to potter on, but as you may remember I have Analogue and Digitalis Fingerpokin Route Setting (apart from those Froggy Things at Fiddle Yard X Overs etc.)

Have a good day and thanks for the update. 

Hope Timara a was OK and that you complete your reprogramming successfully.

P

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium
17 hours ago, trw1089 said:

Hope the NCE issues settle down Gilbert, I'll be interested to hear how you get on.  I put a new chip in mine a couple of years ago so I could upgrade it to work with JMRI plus some additional detection capabilities, thankfully all uneventful.

Love the pic of the two A4s, but I must ask, can we have a B17 sometime soon😉

Cheers

Tony

I'm afraid not, Tony. There is only one more train that might bring one, the Colchester-Glasgow right at the end of the sequence, and even that might have a B2.

• Like 1