RMweb

A winter’s day / Traeth Hafren

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 04/04/2024 at 20:43, James Hilton said:

Genuinely it is lovely to see you enjoying it!

For anyone who missed this, one of my more expansive cameos, ‘Pont Dulas’ is for sale:

https://paxton-road.blogspot.com/2024/03/for-sale-pont-dulas-in-n.html

Could I just ask a question about the ‘Pont Dulas’ video (the layout tour)?  The video opens with a “Mindful Operation” title shot, but I’m not sure how the layout is operated, as it looks like the left hand end back scene curves round and blocks the exit track?  

Can it be opened up to allow a run through: cassette - layout - cassette (I can’t quite see if there’s an exit behind the crossing keeper’s cottage, but it looks like there might be one)?

Just wondered - looking at ideas for small layouts all my favourites at the moments have a ‘run through’ format to give the impression of being part of something bigger, rather than being a terminus, hence my interest.  Hope that’s OK to ask on this thread, Keith.

10 minutes ago, Keith Addenbrooke said:

The video opens with a “Mindful Operation” title shot, but I’m not sure how the layout is operated, as it looks like the left hand end back scene curves round and blocks the exit track?  

That is a mistake on the video - it’s not an operational layout as such, although it could be - my intention was to build some fiddle sticks that would fit on this, and an identically sized 009 cameo, but as yet these haven’t been built. 
As it stands, I didn’t cut through the backscene as I enjoyed it as a 3D picture more - it’s still for sale too…

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, James Hilton said:

That is a mistake on the video - it’s not an operational layout as such, although it could be - my intention was to build some fiddle sticks that would fit on this, and an identically sized 009 cameo, but as yet these haven’t been built. 
As it stands, I didn’t cut through the backscene as I enjoyed it as a 3D picture more - it’s still for sale too…

Thanks James, appreciate the quick reply.  It’s a lovely looking layout with excellent composition in particular (as explained in the videos), but I’m afraid I’m not in the market to buy a layout - I want to make my own, and in H0e / HOn30.  I do have my own newly acquired early blue class 24, but in OO, sorry:

spacer.png

Thanks, Keith.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

On this chilly morning the driver is swapping ends for the return trip. Only one passenger heading back, wonder how much longer the branch will be open.

bubblecar.jpg.eda32213722579d91c4e79c7ef578970.jpg

bubblecar2.jpg.df4f51509331a14f3b777bcb1b26d595.jpg

bubblecar1.jpg.7c687541733e0eb7d597a378b24fed0e.jpg

bubblecar3.jpg.1ffc09e56d3e57cf979ceec9dba7ea80.jpg

Edited by Gloucester Road
  • Like 14
  • Round of applause 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
35 minutes ago, Gloucester Road said:

Can you change a location with a different locomotive?

GP35 drifts out of Maine on a cold morning

us.jpg.7406dea0a32e3d89d79a66520ba4aded.jpg

You could get a Budd RDC & replicate the class 121 scene 😆