RMweb

New N7 Drive System Required

Quadrille

Anybody know where I can obtain parts, please, to make-up a new drive system for a 5-pole brushed motor in place of those cheap apologies for a motor...  I need something more substantial and reliable that will run okay for two to four hours without over-heating and/or smoking...or being too hot to touch!

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
39 minutes ago, Quadrille said:

I appreciate your reply but it's the drive-train I'm wanting to change in order to be able to fit a real type of motor, definitely not core-less.

Any particularl reason why? You'd be increasing the amount of work required by an awful lot when a suitable replacement high quality motor is available now.

• Agree 1

If you are determined on this path,  then go hunting for a motor like a Mashima 1426 'flat can'. (Buhler may still offer an equivalent.)  That would fit inside the N7, either with some significant cutting down of the internal casting the supplied motor sits on, or discarding this part and making a new motor support, and adapting the drive coupler to the gear train  to fit the 2mm dia Mashima motor shaft. Bear in mind this is just a proposal, you will have to devise all the 'make it work' adaption.

(I remain puzzled by the trouble you are having, 100% reliability on my 4, using Lenz Standard and Zimo MX600, both types of decoder set for coreless operation.)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bucoops said:

Any particularl reason why? You'd be increasing the amount of work required by an awful lot when a suitable replacement high quality motor is available now.

I don't like core-less motors!

• Round of applause 1