S&C Goods shed plans?

jacko

I'm just wondering if anyone has ever published scale pans for The archetypal S&C goods shed?  I've finally cleared the space in my garage and started building baseboards for my 24 x 11 layout representing Lazonby but I've drawn a blank trying to find plans for the goods shed. I suppose I could use the metcalf model and replace the outer card with embossed stone plastic sheet but I don't know how accurate the kit is. 

anyone?

• RMweb Premium

David Jenkinson Rails In The Fells (Peco Publications & Publicity, 2nd edn 1980 ISBN 0 900586 53 2) - pages 58-59 covers goods sheds inc scale drawings, but the whole book is a must-have for S&C modellers. Copy currently on eBay here at £5.88 incl p&p

RichardT 

Thanks folks. I've had Anderson and Fox for years, read through it many times and never once spotted Langwathby shed - Doh!  The reason I'm modelling Lazonby is because a favourite aunt lived in Hunsonby and regularly caught the train from lazonby. Langwathby is probably closer as the crow flies so I think that shed will be just fine for my layout. At some point I'll be starting a new thread in the S& C layouts page but not until I have something to show :)

And I've just ordered Rails in the Fells - £3.80 with free postage!  

Graeme 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Spent a year living in Hunsonby. Well, on and off since I was at university at the time so I was just back there for the holidays. I took the train from Langwathby several times to get back.

Always liked Hunsonby, felt it belonged to a different century what with the goat grazing on the green. Not far from Long Meg, for a bit more rail interest, not that there was much left to see of it by the time I was living there.