Bowater Slurry Tanks (Pre STS).

Paul_C

Can anybody help me with this query please. I have a number of the old Triang Hornby R668 model of the Bowater slurry tank no.1025. I want to fit some air brake pipes but there seems to be conflicting thought as to how many were fitted to each one.

In STS livery Paul Bartlett's photos show them with one pipe at each end but one of his old B & W photos showing them in Bowater livery appears to show them with two. Any thoughts please would be most helpful.

Paul.

Thanks for your reply, I think that nails it in one for me as I'm basically modelling them as they were in 1967 when first introduced. My layout is going to be based around 1959/60 so I'm cheating a bit in order to include them. A bit naughty I know but...

Paul.

I know 🤣🤣, it's there to be used but in the same breath I'm trying to be reasonably authentic. Sometimes I am a little hard on myself but I'm applying it sparingly so it is being put to use. I have three signal boxes that were gone by late '58 (I think) but I've had them custom built as they will make excellent visuals.

Paul.