What color red?

• RMweb Premium
19 hours ago, 34theletterbetweenB&D said:

She cannot trademark it, any more than the TTTE franchise tried with 'Stepney, because it is prior art.

When Ms Rowling was interviewed years ago she said she knew there was a station where red engines left for Scotland. So it's LMS livery.

Could be worse - it could easily have been a red A3!

Wait, we've discussed that previously with that series of paintings.

• Funny 1

Ms Rowling, or Disney, or whoever holds the rights these days cannot trademark GWR Castles, Granges, LMS livery or generic maroon locomotives with quasi-LMS lining and totems which just happen to be the shape of a BR lion and wheel. 

She can trademark "Hogwarts", "Hogwarts Express", the specific combination of those names when used in conjunction with any or all of those things listed above, and, relevant to my earlier point, she can trademark the use of a specific shade of maroon with that specific combination.   

The OP asked for the specific colour.  My guess is its Gryffindor Dark Red from my earlier link, but I have no idea whether LMS or BR maroon has a BS number or how you convert that to a hex value. Whether you can get a Rizzla paper between the BS/Hex/RGB/Pantone values for LMS Maroon and Gryffindor Dark Red for any practical purpose is another matter. 

And yes, if it was me, I'd just use LMS Maroon or Halfords Rover Damask Red as well. But that wasn't what was asked. 

• 2 weeks later...