Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Let's show some positivity by supporting clubs which are putting on shows - starting this weekend!

At a time when there was all sorts of negativity regarding the supposed demise of the hobby, some clubs took the brave decision to confirm exhibitions for 2024 and beyond and there is no better way to prove to doubters that the hobby has a bright future than by helping to make these shows a success.

In particular, at a time when several shows are downsizing from a two-dayer to a one-dayer, Abingdon & District MRC has taken the bold step of going the other way - they are putting on their first-ever two-dayer with an amazing 40+ layouts in order to celebrate their 50th anniversary. This is an amazingly ambitious project for a 'local club' and I think their positive approach deserves our support.

Yes, I have a self-interest in this, my layout will be there, but in a more general sense, big layouts like mine, can generally only go to two day shows as it takes such a long time to set up - a minimum of 3 hours in my case.

So, I'm hoping that Abingdon's big gamble pays off handsomely and that encourages them to stick with the two day format and sends a positive message to other clubs to do the same.

• Like 3

• AY Mod locked this topic