ZIMO MS decoder issue

ngtrains.com

• RMweb Gold

Is anyone aware of an issue with ZIMO MS series decoders, specifically with the cv 153 limiting the run on on loss of DCC signal when equipped with stay alive capacitors.

I have used this feature with MX decoders without problem but now have a loco with an MS450 in it and despite setting cv153 to 15 which should stop the loco after 1.5 seconds it has no effect.

the decoder is a new MS450. It has the latest firmware installed. I am running it on a rolling road, powered by an NCE PowerCab and linked by USB to DecoderPro on my laptop.

I have no problem reading or writing to the Decoder either by handset or DecoderPro it just doesn’t seem to have any effect with this feature.

• RMweb Premium

I think there are still some glitches in the MS decoders. Is yours on the latest update? It's worth checking, but I think it's 4.241.

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, peterm1 said:

It's worth checking, but I think it's 4.241.

It is and I tried the decoder on the previous version and then in looking for an answer to my issue upgraded it to the latest.

I've seen glitches which involve the protocols available (CV12).   It may be worth experimenting with those, turning off the "not needed" ones.    (The glitches I saw with those were affecting RailCom behaviour, not power management ).  

Otherwise, suggest a support email to Zimo,  they usually answer if your issue is explained clearly.