Disappearing Functions...

Quadrille

Brand new sound-model with Zimo MX658N18 Auto-Detect...but it doesn't auto-detect or show the function icons...there are twelve (F)unction buttons showing instead of twenty-one.

Apparently the Zimo sound decoder should react to "RailCom"...  CV 28 is correct but I'm not sure about CV 29.

CV 28 = 3    CV 29 = 14  bit 7.0 

Edited by Quadrille

Actually, they weren't...

For anybody with a similar issue when using an ESU ECoS and sound decoders, other than ESU, the (F)unction buttons and features/icons need to be manually installed.   Programme the decoder then Enable all function buttons then the icons which show what the functions are.

I trust this helps anybody else with the ECoS 50200 and/or 50210 command station.

2 hours ago, Quadrille said:

I never intimated any such thing...only part of what you state was necessary but thank you for an eventual response...from somebody!

Perhaps re-read your thread postings -  

first posting, title and content ambiguous as to what its about. 

second posting, reveals you have an ECoS system, which is a pretty fundamental point in understanding the question, let alone giving an answer. 

12 hours ago, Hamburger said:

It sounds like you're blaming the ECoS for being incompatible.

In fact it is the Zimo decoder that cannot handle Railcom-PLUS.

For a long while, RailCom-Plus was a proprietary ESU+Lenz affair, with ESU demanding that anyone else using it would hand over lots of technical details of their products to ESU - clearly other manufacturers were not going to do that.   

There is now a RailCommunity Standard on data exchange,  but even within that I think there's a fair amount of "manufacturer can do their own thing".   Zimo published details of where they saw their implementation heading about 18 months ago. 

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

I greatly appreciate your information as it helps many of us to be more understanding of the issues of which we are/were not aware..thank you.    I must also thank Keith at Dapol for his excellent help to-date.