Powsides

Has anybody tried to buy any wagon kits of these guys recently? I ordered a wagon kit in January, after a couple of weeks asked for an update and was told 7 to 14 days, then nothing. I emailed in March for an update but heard nothing so grudgingly I had to request a refund from PayPal. I hate to do that but what choice did I have? 🤷

The GoG forum has lots of comments down the years of very slow delivery and poor communication from POWsides. Not very helpful - if you were a member you could ask for the trade liaison officer to follow up. 

Paul

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

I have waited upto 3 months for orders from PoWsides to materialise. Lots of these small suppliers do the model railway stuff as a hobby, so don't expect the same service as the big boys.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I put in an order in the middle of last year and tried a couple of times to get an update. In November I received this info:

"Our apologies for the delay dispatching your order. My partner has recently recommenced transfer production following the upheaval to his life caused by the loss of his wife earlier in year. We are slowly catching up with the resulting backlog of work this has caused, and I now have part of your order ready for our next outgoing post. The remainder of your order will be dispatched as soon as I have the item(s) to hand,"

The part order did arrive as advised. The remainder arrived in March. I don't have any update on their circumstances, but it would appear they are staggering on.  I hope they continue in business and pick things up again. They have some good stuff.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Good evening folks,

I had the same response as Nick Lawson to an order placed early last year (2023), the order arrived some 3-4 months later (after 2 emails trying to get an update on delivery).

This was for a pre-decalled wagon kit, but the corner of one of the sides with the colliery name was faded/cut off.

Not the same quality as the one supplied in 2022.

There were some other Coventry/Warwickshire names I was interested in, but one is now being produced by Rapido at a similar price so that's where my money is going.

Cheers, Nigel.

• Like 1

On 06/04/2024 at 13:30, Siberian Snooper said:

I have waited upto 3 months for orders from PoWsides to materialise. Lots of these small suppliers do the model railway stuff as a hobby, so don't expect the same service as the big boys.

It might be helpful of them to say on their website that delays may happen rather than saying 28 days. As a new customer like I was it leaves you in the dark especially when it's become 3 months and no communication. 

• Agree 1

I had similar delays last year and it wasn't helped by the Gmail issue (reported elsewhere in the modelling world I'm sure) which meant they didn't receive my catch up messages. 

They are a small outfit proving a valuable - if not unique - service to railway modellers. Considering the troubles they've been through, I think we've just got to recognise that orders will take longer to process and lay off from pressurising them. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

I was delighted to receive an outstanding order of transfers in today's post. There was the same note apologizing for the delay (as mentioned above) - they are gradually getting there.

Cheers,

Dave

• Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been waiting for an order since October. I have contacted them twice now and got the same answer on both occasions. Very sorry the delay it was caused by illness and we are trying to clear the backlog.

Marc