A useful P.D.F. file library thread.

• RMweb Gold

I thought it might be useful to have a 'library' for RMweb of all those random P.D.F. files people might find of interest.

If you have a scan of something you think others might need, please post here with a suitable description in the message, so others can locate it with a quick subject key-word search.

Let me start it with a brochure for B.R. (or BR) staff about their new uniforms from April 1968, called "Your new uniform".  Hope this is of interest to all.  Best wishes.

Your new uniform 1966.pdf

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium

Sorry to pour cold water on your great idea but without an index it will rapidly become unusable

How will you find articles/info that would interest you in gthe future?

I suggest you set it up in the same manner as the Mazak Rot thread with the index regularly updated.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

I agree an Index would be useful.  I was thinking readers could do a search on the RMweb web-site 'search box', which would detect the key-words.

E.g., the photos and P.D.F.s of the 'hot core' PXX wagon come up on a search, but without a thread related to the subject of each file, I thought a 'dump' like this might work.  Bother.

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, Wickham Green too said:

Unfortunately the title that's obvious to YOU might not contain the key words someone ELSE thinks obvious ...... truck / wagon, carriage / coach  or locomotive / engine frinstance !

I quite agree - the Librarian's nightmare.  We need someone to compose an 'Authority File'!  😀  Just look at the disparate 'tags' for pictures on Flikr, for example, for the same subjects.  O well, I will keep the thread here, and watch the cobwebs grow on it...

• RMweb Premium

The other problem with searching RM Web is a space here or a hyphen there can make all the difference

Even the pdf itself, you've spelled it in uppercase with full stops, it is often lower case and almost always no punctuation.

• Like 1