Bachmann class 108 DMU power issues

I have a Bachmann Class 108 DMU that although the motor is working and the directional lighting, the wheels do not turn. I have put power to the wheels outside of the layout and the motor is engaging but the wheels won’t turn.

Stumped, any ideas 

• RMweb Gold

Have you checked that the “dog bone” (the small plastic shaft that connects the motor to the gearbox of the motor bogie) is still engaged.

If it has become dislodged or missing then the wheels won’t turn.

Cheers

Darius

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Also possible, one of the plastic couplers = 'drivecup'  that the dogbone ='driveshaft' engages, is slipping, or alternatively a gear in the drive train is either missing, or out of alignment sufficiently that it isn't engaging the gears either side.

The driveshaft not present or properly engaged is most likely, exactly as Darius suggests.

The items in quotes are Bachmann's terms, and you will find them in the attached spares list.

https://Bachmann-spares.co.uk/category/1-branchline-diesel-parts/class108dmu/chassis?page=1&sortby=5&numper=100

• Like 1

Many thanks Darius and 34the… for the information supplied. From your description Darius and the link to parts that you provided 34the…, I had a hunt on the loft floor and found the said dog bone!

I will dismantle the unit again and hopefully it is an easy fix! Small part and big clumsy fingers…

Thanks again guys