Great Western Study Group members’ day and open event

Saturday 29 June at Didcot Civic Hall, Burwell Rd, Didcot

The Great Western Study Group will be having its 2024 Members’ Day and open event on Saturday 29 June from 1030 until approx 1430 when the members only AGM will start. The day is open to non members until the AGM part of the day and anyone interested in modelling and researching any and all aspects of the GWR and BR(W) is welcome to come along. 

The members day has layouts (provided by the membership) invited traders, and demonstrators.

Layouts:

Modbury 2mm f/s

Lower Exbury EM (TBC)

Traders:
GWSG publications sales stand

Members’ Sales stand

ABS Modelstock (TBC)

Blacksmith Models

MRD (Hubert Carr)

Osborn Models

Demonstrators:

Duncan Redford (3D printing)

Edited by drduncan
Typos
  • Like 3

Members of the GWSG who are on RMWEB and wish to volunteer to demonstrate, display models, bring a layout or part of a layout/WIP (any 7mm offers very gratefully received) are welcome to PM me or email me (or David Barker) on the details given in the forthcoming group newsletter.

Regards

Duncan

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)

Why not combine your visit to this meeting with going on to the Midland Railway Society South-East Area meeting, Earley St Peters Church Hall, Earley, Reading RG6 1EY, 14:30 - 17:30 on the same day? Open to members of all Line Societies, Associations, Circles, Study Groups or whatever in the vicinity. I know I'll be trying to get to Didcot in the morning, though I'm the organiser of the MRS event! (Roughly 45 minutes drive between the two venues.)

If that doesn't appeal, Pendon's just down the road.

Edited by Compound2632
  • Like 2

I have been told that the Pendon Museum will be remaining open late on Saturday 29 June to allow GWSG members to visit following the conclusion of the AGM and Members’ Day.

Regards

Duncan

• Like 3