DIGITRAX DS74 PROBLEM

I have been using a DS74 programmed to 151, 152, 157 and 158

At the recent NEC show point 158 suddenly stopped working. Now that I'm back home I have tested the DS74. The other three outputs work as normal, but 158 doesn't.

The DS74 has three 'lights' - a green one that is permanently on as at the bottom of the three in this photo. When it receives a signal the red (middle) light flashes and the top green one does as well which I interpret as the unit sending out a pulse or that is how it is with 151, 152 and 157. When I send a command for 158 the red light flashes but the top green one doesn't.

Should I try re-programming the DS74 or is that fourth output permanently now not-working?  Obviously, I don't want to pay out for a new DS74 if at all possible, but I will have to if onlt three outputs are working.

Thanks for any help with this.

IMG_20240429_101646.jpg.75886f6e18181d0ad0469dc50d1a0bec.jpg

• RMweb Gold

I assume you have checked the continuity of all the wiring involved with 158 points? I imagine that the red pulse indicates a command sent, and the upper green indicates an acknowledgement received? I don't have a DS74, merely 54 and 64.

If you don't get an answer on here, you could become a member of the Digitrax user group on :

https://groups.io/g/Digitrax-Users

Daily email digests of queries like yours, and helpful answers. Highly recommended. It is well-moderated.