When did DRS sell on 37510 & 37688 to other operators

• RMweb Gold

I'm interested in buying a Bachmann twin set of DRS Class 37's, 37510 and 37688, and I was wondering when they were both sold off to other operators?  37510 ended up with Europhoenix/ROG and 37688 with LSL at Crewe.  As I'm modelling the Cumbrian Coast line between 2017 and 2018, I was wondering they were still in use, stored or sold on by then?

37510 was stored by DRS in March 2012 and, after a period in store at Barrow Hill, sold to Europhoenix in March 2016.

37688 was bought for preservation in February 2017, and moved to the Mid Norfolk Railway the following month.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Dungrange said:

The models are also in the early DRS livery, meaning the condition that they were in about a decade before your proposed time period.

I did consider moving my time frame but I'm going to be very strict and keep it as it is.  Being on a limited budget means I have to cut down my options for what I can and can't have on my layout, which probably isn't such a bad idea.

• RMweb Premium

If it's any help, https://www.class37.co.uk records 37688 working light engine with 37606 from Carlisle to Inverness on 5 January 2017, so it looks like it was in service right up to when it was sold on 8 February. I am sure you could have it working a train in Cumbria in January 2017 if you wanted. It's outside my period to know anything about liveries.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jeremy Cumberland said:

If it's any help, https://www.class37.co.uk records 37688 working light engine with 37606 from Carlisle to Inverness on 5 January 2017, so it looks like it was in service right up to when it was sold on 8 February. I am sure you could have it working a train in Cumbria in January 2017 if you wanted. It's outside my period to know anything about liveries.

688 was in Compass livery from late 2009, until withdrawal from DRS service: Bachmann have produced that version as an individual loco.

Edited by Cruachan
  • Informative/Useful 1