Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Fire at Bo’ness and Kinneil railway

Not sure if this is the best place to put this  -  moderators please move if you think it should be elsewhere.

There has been an alleged arson attack & theft of stock at the Bo'ness 0 gauge group.  (I think this is the correct way to report this as no charges yet.)   If anyone sees stock apparently being sold, please advise the PoliceScotland.  

https://www.facebook.com/BonessGaugeOGroup

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 12

• RMweb Premium

A great shame, I've seen the o gauge railway many times , it was in a carriage in the bay platform at Bo'ness, but it may have moved, ( I helped lay the 304mm to the foot platform at Bo'ness and some track) . Not actually worked on the model, though I've been a member of SRPS (49 years) from before it moved to Bo'ness, which was handy for me as that's where I lived at the time.

• Agree 1

Hopefully the connection with a large and established organisation such as SRPS will enable a media involvement and as much of an appropriate response such as the Spalding club did, rather than all the story to develop onto "folded arms and scowls with an eye, its an awful world". I have every faith in the group. 

• Like 1

On 24/05/2024 at 09:08, Mike Bellamy said:

.........The fire has caused serious damage to one half of the club coach and this will require an complete strip out and rebuild of the interior. Thankfully the fire brigade did not use water to put out the fire, using CO2 instead to prevent water damage as far as possible. The domestic electrics along with the lighting will need replacing before we can make much progress with the rebuilding so the layout is now closed to the public for the time being.

For those who do not know the Boness layout it is housed in 2 former Norwegian Railway coaches standing side by side with interconnecting 'tunnels' between them.

The scenic part of the layout (public side) is in one coach with the fiddleyard/club coach being in the other. While the serious fire damage was restricted to one half of the fiddleyard coach there is considerable smoke damage to the whole of the coach and also to the 2nd coach.

• Friendly/supportive 5

I feel gutted for the for the guys at Boness ,this is sadly the second time a heritage railway has been the subject of an arson attack in the last couple of months its even more shocking to find out 2 men in their 30s have been arrested in connection with this crime i would love to hear their explanation for their actions !

2 hours ago, Clive martin said:

I feel gutted for the for the guys at Boness ,this is sadly the second time a heritage railway has been the subject of an arson attack in the last couple of months its even more shocking to find out 2 men in their 30s have been arrested in connection with this crime i would love to hear their explanation for their actions !

Explanation ? They couldn’t spell it.

I’ll try for them - oxygen thieves and pointless wasters ?