Reworking a Vi trains 37/7

Hi all, I'm considering purchasing a Vi trains 37709 and changing it to one of the South Wales 37/7s in Trainload Coal livery possibly 37702 "Taff Merthyr" with the idea to do others in the future.

the Vi loco come in triple grey with mainline markings, has anyone removed the markings and numbers from a Vi 37 and can give me any advice.

Thank you in advance

Regards

Leon.

The Vi factory numbers and logos are extremely difficult to remove without taking most of the paint off underneath, it can be done but you need to be very careful and have saint like patience. If your happy or able to repaint or patch paint then thats probably the easiest way to go.

Thanks Dave, so what your suggesting is respray the two grey area's with the correct trainload greys and add new decals and numbers, then possibly weather to hide any discriminations? Like you say if I do end up taking the paint off along witht the numbers/decal I will end up having to repaint them anyway....

Cheers

Leon

Goodmorning -

Patch painting Vitrains stuff - in particular their triple grey locos is quite easy , as vitrains paintwork is a very close match for Precision or Railmatch colours.

If you want to remove the numbers/logos from the existing paintwork - this may be helpful:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php/blog/397/entry-3127-vitrains-class-47-renumbering-heres-the-rub/

- although I find it works better on larger areas - such as the large TOPS numbers on large logo liveries.

tfn

Jon

Thanks Jon, it think I will have a go at painting out the mainline logo and covering with the trainload coal logo, using Railmatch paints as you have mentioned, Thanks..

Leon.

Archived