Glen Gillie, Loch Inch & Bridge of Muir

trains12

Agreed. Your layout is not only well made, but is quirky. Anything that puts a smile on my face gets my vote.

oh Ye… I agree

Sometimes with Peter’s work and little Dioramas here and there you have to look twice to take it all in, I guess Jaz / Kal your layout is the same, i'm still watching your 20min YouTube to take extra stuff in that wasn’t there or missed last time I looked.

Jamie

Well done Peter on the win, I didn't get a chance to say goodby as I wanted to get home for the Grand Prix, Jamie said you had gone out the back, Great set of pics.

Cheers Andy

Congrats on the win. Well deserved!

Agreed. Your layout is not only well made, but is quirky. Anything that puts a smile on my face gets my vote.

Hi all

Thank very much for your kind comments. I try to make the layout entertaining for the public,

Peter

• 5 weeks later...

Hi All

Well the layout is packed and awaiting to go tomorrow to the Hartlepool exhibition, this Saturday and Sunday. If any of you are around please come and see us.

Cheers

Peter

Hi Andy

Sorry we wont get to see you mate... perhaps the next show we will again.

DCC Sound, Peter... I dont think so... :beee: he's a DC Man at Heart, :O I dont think he will cross the line... although it would be great to see s DCC Layout from Peter, on day.

Jamie

Hi Andy

Sorry we wont get to see you mate... perhaps the next show we will again.

DCC Sound, Peter... I dont think so... :beee: he's a DC Man at Heart, :O I dont think he will cross the line... although it would be great to see s DCC Layout from Peter, on day.

Jamie

Hi Jamie, keep working on him, he knows he wants to, hahhahaa

All the best and enjoy the show,

Andy

P.S. I am picking my re blown 27 up from Legoman in the morning so I am looking forward to hearing that.

Hi Jamie, keep working on him, he knows he wants to, hahhahaa

All the best and enjoy the show,

Andy

P.S. I am picking my re blown 27 up from Legoman in the morning so I am looking forward to hearing that.

Hi Andy

I Look forward to hearing it the next time I see you and your verdict on the quality...

Have a great weekend mate with your wife...

Jamie

Hi All

Still a little tried after driving back for over 6 hours from the Hartlepool show. A really great show. Paul Bolton and his team together with Hornby Mag put on a great event, well done and thank you for the invite. Glen Gillie & Loch Inch won the trophy for "The Best Scenic Layout" The second one in four weeks. It was a great honour.Will sort some shots out of the show and post them in the next few days.

Peter.

• Like 2

Hi All

Well here are a few shots of the show. Jamie took the most shots but still awaiting the ones from Bakewell show. Anyway a few to go on with.

Peter

The layout up on the Saturday morning ready for the start of the show

post-6915-0-80294200-1374431230.jpg

A couple of views of the harbour and the boat yard

post-6915-0-18199400-1374431227.jpg

post-6915-0-96482600-1374431249.jpg

Some general views

post-6915-0-59183000-1374431235.jpg

post-6915-0-76191000-1374431240.jpg

post-6915-0-76506000-1374431245.jpg

• Like 6

Lovely pictures, have you been tweaking the water? It's looking lovely in those pictures.

Hi Jaz

Not really. We have given it a few coats of varnish and touched up a few areas with oil paint before the last show. One day will get around to using the easy water that we have for it.

Peter

• Like 2

Hi All

A few more shots that I took at the last show.

post-6915-0-49242300-1374511843.jpg

Well you have herded of Midsummer Murders well this is Midwinter Murders (My surname)

post-6915-0-86874800-1374511848.jpg

post-6915-0-67001900-1374511853.jpg

post-6915-0-67226400-1374511858.jpg

Cheers

Peter

• Like 6

Hi All

Here is a shot of the two awards that the layout has won at the last two shows.

The wooden one on the Left is from the Peak Model Railway Show at Bakewell and was awarded for the best scenic item on the layout being the boat yard and harbour with the Custom house and warehouse. This was presented by Stevenson Carriages.

The one on the left was the award present by the Model Tree Company at the Hartlepool show for the Best Scenic layout in show.

In the past 20+ years I have won two awards for my layouts then in 12 months I have won three for Glen Gillie/Loch Inch.

I most be doing something right at last.

Peter

post-6915-0-31159800-1374680172.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Just found out that Glen Gillie is to be in the Oct issue of Model Rail out on the 5th Sept. So whatch out for it.

Peter

Congrats Peter, My Loch Leven is in this Months and Glen Roy is booked soon.

Well Done mate,

Andy

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Well guess what I am thinking of a further extension of 16ft to the Loch Inch end of the layout. This would enable me to take it as one big layout of 52ft? or take Loch Inch only out at 36ft. Why has this come about. Well I have started fiddling making a lattice bridge which would look nice across a river coming into a loch. I Know I am mad but I just get these notions in my head for more models.

Anyway here are a few shoots of the layout taken at the photo shoot early this year. These are all accredited to MIKE WILD of Hornby Mag who has given his permission to use them. He has taken some brilliant shots and I am indebted to him for allowing them to be used.

Peter

Ps will post some more later.

post-6915-0-02145500-1377083094.jpg

post-6915-0-57638900-1377083099.jpg

post-6915-0-98913400-1377083104.jpg

post-6915-0-20676100-1377083110.jpg

post-6915-0-04099400-1377083115.jpg

Edited by trains12
  • Like 7

Love the friars.love the colouring,all the buildings especially lighthouse and water, very enviable, if I was being picky some of your trees are very windswept.....wish that was the worst someone could say of my layout. Just love your work.