Grain cars.

jackrob

Hey all!

Recently I've started getting into to Continental European freight operations and I'm considering buying some rolling stock, which may lead to a small layout, but I've come across a few things that are bugging me. I plan to model a train consisting of mainly grain cars, and I've done a little research and I have a few questions. Please understand I'm new to the Euro scene so I don't have much knowledge of it yet. Firstly, some questions, I'm sure someone will be able to answer.

1) Where do these trains go to and from?

2) What locomotives usually haul these trains?

4) And the last questions, regarding models. I've found this guys photo-stream on Flickr, which is incredibly useful, and I've found a few types of grain wagon i want to model. These are the wagons I would like to model.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/andre_eindhoven/3532108527/in/set-72157622477479881/

This ^

And the curved sided variation of this.

Looking on the net, I have found the first wagon being manufactured by Fleischmann and Minitrix, but I've had trouble finding a model of the curved sided variation. But today, I stumbled across this on a French forum. As you can see, they are models of the variation I've had trouble finding, and I'm aware the guy who is selling them, has sold them all now, so I cant buy any off him. It seems thee manufactured by a company called Artrain so my question is who are they? Do they have a site? I out Artrain into google and nothing relevant came up. Where can I find these wagons?

Regards.

Jack

Archived