The Hobbygoblin, Burslem, Stoke on Trent

250BOB

I have been using this fairly new(12mths or so) shop in Burslem, Stoke on Trent. I have always been desparate to find a GOOD local model railway shop that I can go and spend an hour in browsing.......I have found one here.....its brilliant.

Run by Steve........extremely welcoming, very approachable manner indeed, nothing too much trouble, cup of tea supplied on my latest visits.

Good website http://www.thehobbygoblin.co.uk/

Go and try it.

Bob.

Lots of scenic materials, scatters, trees, rocks , ballasts etc.,

approx 4' x 3' working layout + scenery

Whole range of various paint pots, quite extensive. Glues, solders, electrics ie switches bulbs etc

Its worth a visit Andy....if only to say hello....Steve is most welcoming....I would go as far to say, the most welcoming shop owner I have ever come accross, I'm sure you will agree that is a great attribute.

Highly recommend a visit...check out the website.

Bob.

Guest Illustrious37

There used to be a model shop in Burslem years ago 'Pleasure Treasure' I think it was called. The same people opened up a shop in Hanley 'City Centre Models'. Whilst Pleasure Treasues closed years ago what happened to the one in Hanley it doesn't seem to exist (don't live near the Potteries any more)? Does this new shop have anything to do with the previous shop owners?

There used to be a model shop in Burslem years ago 'Pleasure Treasure' I think it was called. The same people opened up a shop in Hanley 'City Centre Models'. Whilst Pleasure Treasues closed years ago what happened to the one in Hanley it doesn't seem to exist (don't live near the Potteries any more)? Does this new shop have anything to do with the previous shop owners?

No. Its now the only model railway shop in Stoke. I was in there on monday and the owners, Steve and Jane, have been up and running for about a year.

As the original poster said the service is very friendly and the shop is well stocked with Hornby/Bachmann/Grafar/Expo tools/Slaters materials. Not a lot for the kit-builder but they will order in. I went in there just to check it out and came out with a rolling road.

• 5 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

First time mail order customer. Very impressed with the excellent service. Competative prices. Would recommend them. No conections with the shop, just one very satisfied customer.

First time mail order customer. Very impressed with the excellent service. Competative prices. Would recommend them. No conections with the shop, just one very satisfied customer.

My local model shop......can't praise Steve the owner enough, very welcoming indeed. Top marks..!!

Bob.

Archived