If only the made something other than that Hymek

18B

Whilst at the car boot I picked up a Big big Train Hymek and two MkI's.

The Mk I were a good choice along with 16 tonners, why a Hymek? Fair do's go for a Bo-Bo over a Co-Co cos it's smaller, but why not a 25 or a 20?

Whish they had of made a 20 /25 albeit a crude but ready to run entry level model.

TBH the "Mk1's" are very toylike and inaccurate as they are, although some modellers have worked wonders with them. The 16tonners are rather more useful; the Hymek..? well the range was launched in 1967; at that time the Hymeks were as successful as any other Class- who could predict what would happen in the 70's and which of the 1st Generation Diesels would last the longest/be popular several decades later..? <_< ;)

Anyway, Hymeks are far better looking than Rats any day... :rolleyes: :P :lol:

Looking at the coach ends, I think they were supposed to be MK2 coaches, but they had a door missing from the centre of the coach body.

Shame the range didn't expand, shame Lima copied the 16T theme too, out of all the wagons they could have made.

My old 'Ladybird' book (remember those?) of locomotives hints that all future diesel loco builds would share the family likeness of Falcon / Hymek / class 47 loco's, so when Tri-ang made their Hymek, it would have been considered very up to date at the time.

I love it when stuff like this turns up at car boot sales, getting up early suddenly feels very rewarding!! smile.gifsmile.gif

THing is,

do I save the Hymek and two coaches + circle of track for a future kids train set out in the garden, may be even buy some more track etc,

I love the fact the station / come signal box has a button with a bell! sounding just like the block bell in the signal box I work! Don't know who's the bigger kid, me or my child to be? ? ?

Or do I put it on Ebay?

Archived