If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Hello all

NSE DAZ

Hi all my name is Darren i am 30 and live in Dorset, i have been out of the modelling scene for about six years but now i am back and trying to make up for lost time!!!!!!

I am going to create a Network SouthEast layout set in the late 80's on the Waterloo to Exeter line as this for me was the best era and have lots of lovley childhood memories.

Hope to talk to you all soon

Many thanks

Darren

Welcome (from across the pond) as well!

I've been a member of this forum for about 4 years, through it's various versions. I've learned a LOT here, from how to repair old Triang/Dublo locos, to railway operations, where to find obscure 00 parts, recommended books, etc. It's been an extremely helpful resource as I kind of re-entered the hobby around 2004-05.

Maybe you could post some pics as your layout comes along!

Rob

Toronto, Canada

• RMweb Gold

Hi Darren - Welcome!

Intrigued to note that the first 4 greetings from fellow RMWebbers come from the US, Canada, OZ and Scotland! And although I'm English, I now live in France! I've been "modelling" for nearly 60 years since my Hornby tinplate when hardly out of nappies, but I find RMWeb to be utterly absorbing, with top quality on all sides, and so much to be learnt from others' experiences and accounts of how they did it.

As for your choice of prototype, many of us older Southern enthusiasts would say that the Salisbury - Exeter route has never recovered from the downgrading and singling that took place in the 1960s. That said, the NSE period was vibrant all over the former Southern Region and if it pleased you then that's all the justification you need to make a satisfying model! As has been said - keep us posted on here!

If you haven't already found this site http://www.semgonline.com/ it may help with some of the background and research you might want to do.

Hi Oldddudders,

Thanks for the link, that was new to me and been looking at it most of the morning very useful

Like you say all to our own taste of layouts and i think because i was brought up around this time and catching the train from Tisbury to Gillingham (Dorset) to school it has a lot of memories for myself.

Hope to chat to you all soon

All the best

Darren ;)

Archived