Creative Photography (Railway Related)

Ian J.

and photoshop the black 5 out and put a nice green GWR loco in

That would be "creative photography" only in the sense in which it is practised in George Orwell's "Ministry of Truth"!

p.s. What am I doing in page 101?

Edited by bluebottle

and photoshop the black 5 out and put a nice green GWR loco in

OOOOOOO...BOOO....HISS..... I can hear the LMS fans now...Off with his head...string him up by the short and curlies!!!

Don't forget Stanier was a GWR pupil

OOOOOOO...BOOO....HISS..... I can hear the LMS fans now...Off with his head...string him up by the short and curlies!!!

Don't forget Stanier was a GWR pupil

Indeed, and what wonderful postgraduate work he did for the LMS!

Seriously, Stanier inherited from his mentor Churchward the flexibility of thought to accept the need to revise his preconceptions, and he was well-served by subordinates such as LMS Chief Draughtsman Tom Coleman.

And, the versatile Black 5 which our friend lightengine would photoshop out was arguably Stanier's greatest success, working well practically straight off the drawing board.

• Like 2

This is (was) actually a photo, processed with the Prisma app. The end result is an image that looks more like an illustation or piece of artwork. A humble 150/1 looking proud of itself.

post-7286-0-98187900-1491759660.jpg

Far out, man!

I'm on a trip and I haven't even boarded the train, yet!

Edit: resized picture - this one's only for reference.

Edited by bluebottle

This is (was) actually a photo, processed with the Prisma app. The end result is an image that looks more like an illustation or piece of artwork. A humble 150/1 looking proud of itself.

Great artistic image and nice App too. Can I ask which filter did you use?

It was a toss up between 'Lines in the landscape' or 'Creative Photography' with this one......but given all the train except the front of the lead loco is in shadow, I felt it just about qualified for the latter.

Train 1311 climbs the grade to Demondrille, near Harden, New South Wales on 3 April 2017

post-4406-0-02368900-1492221139_thumb.jpg

Edited by bingley hall
  • Like 3

Thabk you very much. It's the dreams filter. Although I highly reccomend playing with them all.

Thats a great App, and one that actually creates some very good effects. So many of these sort of photo auto filter apps do not actually do a very good job, but I really like some of the effects in this one.

Here's my Dreams filter efforts, just love this filter.

post-4412-0-72970900-1492272189_thumb.jpg

York

post-4412-0-59366300-1492272404_thumb.jpg

Bewdley North signal box

Edited by Jaggzuk
  • Like 4

Thats a great App, and one that actually creates some very good effects. So many of these sort of photo auto filter apps do not actually do a very good job, but I really like some of the effects in this one.

Yes - the app was developed from research on how the brain percieves art. The app developers basically optimised the process and turned it into a consumer app. I'm wondering if it is worth creating a separate thread for Prisma app art.

• RMweb Gold

The HST shot looks like an attempt to recreate some iconic poster designs. Very nice.

Yes - the app was developed from research on how the brain percieves art. The app developers basically optimised the process and turned it into a consumer app. I'm wondering if it is worth creating a separate thread for Prisma app art.

Very interesting, is there any further info on the web? Nice to know there is a bit more science behind the app rather than just a gimmick.

Possibly a good idea on a new thread rather than flooding this one with lots of manipulated images.

• RMweb Gold

Underground, overground.

A District line service from Aldgate East is routed into platform 7 at its destination; Richmond.

Anyone here care to explain why that signal couldn't have been on a simple post on the left?

Martin.

• 2 weeks later...