Creative Photography (Railway Related)

Ian J.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting to see a 158/159? in BM Depot. Are SWT still using158s on the Lymington branch?

Yes Alan, on M-F it's a 2-car Cl.158.

Weekends it's a Cl.450 unit.

BM Depot sees quite a variety of units at times as well as the usual Cl.444s and 450s - sometimes a Cl.159 or a Cl.455 might be around. There was a Cl.458 there on Monday.

Plus the usual two Cl.73s - 73235 and green 73133.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Seeing a couple of pics above of Circular Quay I thought this might make a suitable left field contribution to the thread.  It is definitely railway related as I took it while waiting for the train on the way to work one morning and the people sitting on the platform benches are waiting for a train going round the city loop in the opposite direction but alas there's not even a hint of a train crossing that big bridge in the background  ( I have other pics which deal with that ;) )

post-6859-0-32727900-1476124707_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

I've become rather addicted to telephoto shots since I got an image-stabilising camera about a year ago. Here's one of a CN freight approaching at New Westminster this afternoon: 

post-1771-0-93441000-1477889760.jpg

and one of it going away:

post-1771-0-33375600-1477889773.jpg

The 'going away' shot really shows up the sagging frame on the second unit - it is 24 years old after all! It also shows the CN track curving left then right in front of the train, and the Skytrain (rapid transit) track curving up to the right above it. The bridge in the background is a road bridge over the Fraser River.

(There's a more 'conventional' picture of this train in this post - http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/41022-occasional-canadian-photos-mostly-from-vancouver-area/?p=2482574)

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...