Cowcatchers wanted for old K's J70

I have a very old K's ex-GER tram loco, LNER J70, in whitemetal. When I built it years ago, I hacked away at the cowcatchers to force in Triang tension-lock couplings. I don't want to part with the old girl, still a great runner and not bad looking, but having dropped it recently I am fitting it back together now. It's not really damaged, just the odd part have come adrift at the joins, but I'd like to replace the cowcatchers with something better (or at least complete!). As I am now fitting Sprat & Winkles, I can get away with a simple loop coupling. Any ideas out there for replacements?

I don't have a clue from where you will purchase a replacement "Cow Cather". In real terms, your only hope is to make one. Early to mid '60's there was a "Railway Modeller" article on scratch building one of these loco's, it gives a good description of how to fabricate and solder the "Cow Catcher". Best Wishes, Mick.

Early sixties IIRC - by the Rev. Awdry on making 'Toby'. I recall he suggested using less vertical bars than the prototype as it looked better (would also be easier to make!).

The kit seems to still be available, so the manufacturer could possibly help. (Nu-cast). I found this ad.

http://www.sherwoodm...roducts_id=1882

Archived