A1 Models Class 21/29Etched Brass Bits

Guest 40-something

Guest 30-something

Hi Folks

I've been searching vain for a set of A1 Models Class 21/29 Bodyside Grilles and Roof Grille packs. Tried MG Sharp but are showing as out of stock

Does anyone know anywhere else that stocks these detailing parts?

Have you tried Howes, they have stocked A1 models parts for a long time, though not new stuff since the switch to MG Sharps, but they may still have some in stock.

Firstly though check that the parts will actually enhance the models; a lot of A1 Models parts are very poor.

Guest 30-something

Hi James

Thanks for your reply, I've checked Howes and no luck unfortunately. From what I can remember the grilles for the 21/29 where not too bad in quality, although I do remember some of the rather poor etches for other classes! I plan to rebuild a Hornby 29 (and repower) to look more like the prototype and the large bodyside grilles are where I'll get stuck!

Guest Max Stafford

Another thing to beware of Joe, the stainless steel window surrounds they did were designed to fit the recess as modelled by Hornby and are consequently inaccurate - avoid them if you find them, unless you don't mind bodging them to correct length!

Dave.

Guest 30-something

Another thing to beware of Joe, the stainless steel window surrounds they did were designed to fit the recess as modelled by Hornby and are consequently inaccurate - avoid them if you find them, unless you don't mind bodging them to correct length!

Dave.

I had looked at those Dave, and decided against them, seems like a lot of work for not too much of an improvement.

Guest stuartp

Dave.

Oddly, if I remember correctly before I gave up trying to correct the shape and binned mine, they give you enough for 2 1/2 locos ! blink.gif

Hi Folks

I've been searching vain for a set of A1 Models Class 21/29 Bodyside Grilles and Roof Grille packs. Tried MG Sharp but are showing as out of stock

Typical ive just sold to sets of these and a class 22 conversion kit on ebay sorry.

cheers

Hi Folks

Have you tried Shawplan? I'm sure they used to carry this sort of thing undedr the previous ownership, so they probably still do.

Have you tried Shawplan? I'm sure they used to carry this sort of thing undedr the previous ownership, so they probably still do.

The alternative is to ask Brian if he has any plans for some Class 21/29 parts.

The alternative is to ask Brian if he has any plans for some Class 21/29 parts.

I think he has plans for everything, its timescales for particulars you should check up on ;). I can't imagine this being high on a list though with no decent model yet out and more popular stuff not finished. His new 25 grille is certainly vastly superior to the old A1 models one I have in the for sale pile!

A1 models do do some shows up here in the north west so there must be some way of getting bits direct off him?

I can't imagine this being high on a list though with no decent model yet out and more popular stuff not finished.

There's no decent class forty, but that didn't stop him! ;)

His new 25 grille is certainly vastly superior to the old A1 models one I have in the for sale pile!

Every thing Brian does is vastly superior to A1's products!

A1 models do do some shows up here in the north west so there must be some way of getting bits direct off him?

I think that's the best way - from casually browsing his stand at shows, he does seem to have most of his range there, albeit in small quantities.

Archived