Industrial Layout Design

Clifford Road

I'm looking at building an industrial based layout, something small and primarily to give a bit of shunting capacity. Having browsed these forums for a while there is a piece of software that is continually mentioned for layout planning and hand built trackwork (the latter I've never tried, but really fancy giving it a go!) and that is Templot.

However, I'm not the best with computers and also use a Apple Mac (which is nice and simple but can't run templot). Would any body with a few spare minutes, be willing to have a look my proposed plan in this software and see if everything will work? A friend tells me that it should be possible to output as a PDF file which I can then print off and lay on the boards.

Any help/thoughts would be appreciated, either on here or on a private message.

Thanks

CR

I'm looking at building an industrial based layout, something small and primarily to give a bit of shunting capacity. Having browsed these forums for a while there is a piece of software that is continually mentioned for layout planning and hand built trackwork (the latter I've never tried, but really fancy giving it a go!) and that is Templot.

However, I'm not the best with computers and also use a Apple Mac (which is nice and simple but can't run templot). Would any body with a few spare minutes, be willing to have a look my proposed plan in this software and see if everything will work? A friend tells me that it should be possible to output as a PDF file which I can then print off and lay on the boards.

Thanks

CR

Hi CR

I don't have Templot but I do use Xtkcad (whichI gather one can download for free these days) - I'm quite happy to put your plan into that one and see how it goes.

Regards,

[quote name=

Thanks

CR

Have a look at the Templot Club forum. There is a huge amount of information and advice - including how to run Templot on Apple Macs.

You can find it at: http://85a.co.uk/forum/

Regards

Thanks

CR

Hello

I have templot (although only recently so am still learning blink.gif)

I am happy to have a go at your plan if you like - although I probably won't have time until the middle of the week, as daughter has me booked for DIY duties tomorrow, the felt is being replaced on the modelling shed roof on Monday (blew off a couple of weeks ago) and plumber coming Tuesday to replace blown-up shower.

Send me a PM with the details

Archived