The [almost] completion of a project which I started on the old forum and which has been continued over here, but now has a coat of paint. Obviously, it's a bit clean at the moment and the (prototypical) livery is somewhat garish but some work-in-progress shots are probably overdue.

llewellynii.jpg

llewellynviii.jpg

The weathering has commenced but will stop short of the condition the prototype ended up in:

http://georgestrainp.../p65563689.html

You'd never know it was green under that would you?

Adam

Excellent! I do like that... and wish I'd followed the progress on the old forum.

Thanks Al - it's all there on the old forum, wobbly footplate and all. I'm pretty pleased with it thus far. Must get some works plates for it before I go any further...

Adam

• 3 months later...

I realise that it has been several months, but some of you may be interested in the progress of this project. This shot shows Llewellyn on running trials on YMRGs South Junction after the first all over weathering, just to tone it down from the rather garish starting point. There have been two more subsequently, the first with an airbush, the second with cotton buds, thiners and a fair few washes, but the light was so awful yesterday I didn't take any photos of the stage it has now reached. In any case, I am awaiting worksplates for it (on order from Narrow Planet) so the final layers of weathering are still to come.

post-256-050458000 1290529401_thumb.gif

Adam

Very nice Adam! Hope it's performing as good as it looks and i'm eagerly awaiting the updated weathering pics!

Regards

Paul

Thanks Paul. Once I'd untangled a pick-up from between the spokes and cleaned the wheels it goes very well. Photos won't be 'til Christmas now since the loco is in Somerset while I'm in Southampton. Suffice to say that it's much, much dirtier now. I have more projects on the go, however, including an Impetus Fowler diesel. Photo's later perhaps...

Adam

• 1 month later...

Or, in English, 'Llewellyn the Engine' (with due apologies to the late Oliver Postgate). It is now some time later and finally, it is finished, as much as anything ever is. If only the weather had been a little better then these photos might have come sooner, and been more respectable. Still, I'm quite pleased with it and I hope it's been worth the wait.

post-256-0-88332300-1294157814_thumb.gif

post-256-0-97278100-1294157833_thumb.gif

Happy new year.

Adam

Weathering looks spot on to me there Adam, definitely captures the feel of the prototype!

The wait was indeed worthwhile and the result very much up there with your usual high standard! Perhaps you'd like a Jinty to weather too! :P :D

Best Wishes and Happy New Year to you too!

Paul

Weathering looks spot on to me there Adam, definitely captures the feel of the prototype!

The wait was indeed worthwhile and the result very much up there with your usual high standard! Perhaps you'd like a Jinty to weather too! :P :D

Best Wishes and Happy New Year to you too!

Paul

Wouldn't you need to finish it first Paul? I could be persuaded however... ;) :P

Thanks all. I have noticed that I've forgotten to coal the thing, still, one for next time I'm back in Somerset now, (and perhaps a little more work on the buffer beams). I seem to have acquired most of a set of wheels for another one over Christmas - courtesy of an ordering error by a friend, so perhaps, perhaps, they'll be another one along in a bit with a Lambton cab - I have a spare from someone else's Brassmasters kit - but that's the other side of another project or three.

Adam

Archived