The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Please sponsor me for the Great North Run 2010!

Waverley West

Hi folks,

I'm doing the Great North Run (half-marathon) on September 19th for Children with Leukaemia, and am looking to raise as much money as possible for this worthy cause.

I have a minimum target of £350 to raise, so please sponsor me as much as you can!

Any donation you can give would be very gratefully received, not just by me of course but also by the charity itself and all the children they do so much to help.

You can donate via the following webpage:

http://uk.virginmone....com/DavidSegar

Virgin Money Giving is a non-profit making site. Alternatively, you could send me your donation direct to me - please PM me for details.

As you can imagine, the training is seriously starting to make inroads on my modelling time, but the cause and the challenge make it all worthwhile. I have done a few half-marathons before so I know what is involved but this will be the first one I have done for a couple of years.

With thanks in advance for whatever donation you can give.

Cheers,

Dave

Waverley West

PS This post has been cleared with Andy Y.

Thanks a million Jim and all other donors.

To everyone else, please don't be put off by the very generous donations on my virgin donation site.

Absolutely any donation of any amount would be very welcome indeed!

I've made a good start to fundraising so far but I've a way to go yet before I reach my target!

Just did a 10-mile training run today so I'm a bit ***kered. Will try to summon up enough energy to put some passengers in my now-painted Mk 3 interiors tonight!

Cheers,

Dave

Waverley West

I'd missed the initial post Dave.

Good luck with the run and the fundraising. Dave needs a bit of a boost to get him to his £350 so I'm sure any donations are welcome and don't forget to Gift Aid it to maximise the benefit.

You've supported this site with some really inspirational content so it's the least we can do.

• RMweb Gold

Definitely a worthy cause. I lost my cousin, aged only 23, to leukaemia back in the 80s - so I'll always support anyone doing anything for this cause. Good on you Dave - sorry I couldn't add Gift Aid as I'm not eligible..

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks,

This is just a blatant, shameless attempt to push this thread up the lists. I have now raised a total of £278, but I still need another £72 to reach my target.

Please give whatever you can. The link for donating is:

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fundraiser-web/fundraiser/showFundraiserProfilePage.action?userUrl=DavidSegar

With a huge thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Dave

PS Only a week and a half to go now. Modelling has now virtually ground to a halt now due to the squeeze on my spare time. The training's going OK, but I think I'm heading for a personal worst time. Must be getting old. As long as I get there though, that's all that really matters.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I completed the Great North Run yesterday in the time of 1 hr 57 min, finishing 10225th out of 54000'ish, so not too bad. Gabrselassie had a head start on me of around 10,000 runners, so I didn't stand a chance. Mrs WW kindly pointed out that I had been beaten by a couple of bananas too, which didn't exactly cheer me up. I did beat Minnie Mouse and Spiderman though. :D I have quite a few aches and pains today but hopefully they will disappear over the next few days.

A huge thank you to everyone who sponsored me. The final total raised for Children with Leukaemia will be between £500 and £600. I still have a few people to get amounts from and it's still not too late if anyone else would like to sponsor me! Any amount would be very gratefully received.

Here I am, suitably kn**kered after the race:

post-7247-012610200 1284975722_thumb.jpg

Cheers and a million thanks again to everyone who sponsored me,

Dave

• RMweb Premium

Well done, Dave - sorry, but I already had a couple of work related sponsorships going for this one which were long standing agreements - if you're doing it again next year, or you're doing another sponsored event, please PM me, so that you get up the queue a bit.

It's a bit galling when you get beaten by a costumed runner. I had a onetime colleague who ran the London some years ago, and was overtaken by "Bernie Clifton and that Bl**dy Ostrich" and was equally miffed.

Best wishes for a long rest now.

Stewart

Guest Dutch_Master

Well done, you certainly beat my time! (TBH, I wouldn't stand a chance of reaching the finish in the first place ;) Those who saw me at the Valkenburg show know why, and yes, I should be ashamed of myself :P)

Archived