RMweb

Mis-heard Lyrics - Creedence Clearwater Revival

shortliner

'Course you just know I would love these things, apart from the obvious Hendrix: "'S'cuse me, while I kiss this guy" (Purple Haze)

I was a big fan of Cream and was convinced that on "Crossroads" from "Wheels of Fire" Eric sang: "You can still buy a house - on the riverside" which is the Realter's version of: "You can still barrelhouse at the Riverside".

There are tons like this.

Best, Pete.

'Course you just know I would love these things, apart from the obvious Hendrix: "'S'cuse me, while I kiss this guy" (Purple Haze)

I was a big fan of Cream and was convinced that on "Crossroads" from "Wheels of Fire" Eric sang: "You can still buy a house - on the riverside" which is the Realter's version of: "You can still barrelhouse at the Riverside".

There are tons like this.

Best, Pete.

'Rosemary took a cabbage into town'?

The Police, they loved "Sue Lawley" the BBC news lady" when in fact the it was "So Lonely"

It must be me ears, but, they always sound like they're "F*****g on the Moon" biggrin.gif

It must be me ears, but, they always sound like they're "F*****g on the Moon" biggrin.gif

Well at least Neil Armstrong manged the correct one, I would imagine the misheard one would be difficult with the lack of gravity, but then Sting would have a go at it "Tantrically I guess" biggrin.gif

• RMweb Premium

For a long time I though Roxette sung the following lyrics to 'Dangerous'...

The eyes of a lover that Hitler beat

You know she's a little bit dangerous

It later transpired to be...

The eyes of a lover that hit like heat

You know she's a little bit dangerous

Need to get my ears seen to methinks unsure.gif

Well at least Neil Armstrong manged the correct one

Best of luck Mr Gorsky :lol:

Back to the original subject - Tainted Love, by Soft Cell almost certainly contains the line:

"Don't touch me please, I can't stand the way you sneeze"

Plus, does Bryan Ferry, of Roxy Music fame want to "Catch that Bus" or Catch that Buzz" during "Love is the drug?"

For a long time I though Roxette sung the following lyrics ...

My Mrs always maintained that in 'Joyride', they were 'whistling a bright platoon' instead of 'private tune'. Mind, I've been known to get the odd thing wrong myselfwink.gif

Another one mentioned at the time on the radio was Paul Young's 'Every time you go away, you take a piece of meat with you'

• RMweb Gold

Another one mentioned at the time on the radio was Paul Young's 'Every time you go away, you take a piece of meat with you'

He butchered that one, anyway.

There's a Bryan Adams song where he sings what sounds like "I got headlice", which is a frank and laudable confession, I thought.

(It's actually "I got headlights", I was disappointed to learn).

There's been a recent ditty, going by the title / chorus 'Valerie', sung by.... who knows ?

I thought they were admiring 'Celery' (the salad item), and, in the process, trying to wind up a certain football team & supporters.

Sorry,..It must be me ears ??

Best of luck Mr Gorsky laugh.gif

Back to the original subject - Tainted Love, by Soft Cell almost certainly contains the line:

"Don't touch me please, I can't stand the way you sneeze"

Plus, does Bryan Ferry, of Roxy Music fame want to "Catch that Bus" or Catch that Buzz" during "Love is the drug?"

If Bryan did sing "Buzz" it proves he did spend sometime in my old home town Bury "Lancs", as thats what we have there, be it a single decker or a double decker Buzz.

Archived