Problems with finescale wheels in coarse chassis

I've got a Connoisseur Starter kit that I'm building in S7 - I didn't want to cut up the chassis etch so I folded it up in the normal/narrow form. Of course, there is bundles of slop when fitted with S7 wheels, so much that I can't properly fit the brake hangers because the wheelsets slide around so much.

With one pair of washers this is reduced, but not eliminated. With two pairs of washers the slop is eliminated, but it prohibits the sprung hornblocks I've implemented from actually moving.

Will I be OK with one pair? Should I be looking for thinner washers? Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks!

I'm not sure; if it's a case just having something running, then you could always thin one washer per wheel until the tolerance is as you want it. This should work ok.

Other wise, I'm not sure. I haven't done any seven mil' stuff, but I have modified a lot of items from ktis suitable for 00 to P4 so I think the issues must be similar. Could put some photos on so we could see just how far you've got please? It might be easier to make suggestions.

Archived