Maple & Omega models?

I wan't sure wether to post this in questions or collectables but here goes.

I have a few etched brass chassie kits that were produced by Omega Model Co with an address in the old Tricorn centre, can anyone tell me anything about the firm just out of curiosity?

Also I have a couple of LSWR wagon kits by Maple Models, again is anyone able to tell me a little about them, I believe their creator is still with us and living in the West country. Also can anyone sugest how to remove the tackiness from the resin mouldings, which solvents it might be safe to use to avoid damage.

Your anticipated help is gratefully recieved.

John Bruce. :)

I wan't sure wether to post this in questions or collectables but here goes.

I have a few etched brass chassie kits that were produced by Omega Model Co with an address in the old Tricorn centre, can anyone tell me anything about the firm just out of curiosity?

Also I have a couple of LSWR wagon kits by Maple Models, again is anyone able to tell me a little about them, I believe their creator is still with us and living in the West country. Also can anyone sugest how to remove the tackiness from the resin mouldings, which solvents it might be safe to use to avoid damage.

Your anticipated help is gratefully recieved.

John Bruce. smile.gif

John

Sounds like a very old style of resin but you could try an old toothbrush and a cream bath cleaner, CIF type, and warm water, very few solvents work on resin.

Modern resins have a dry finish. (providing you get the mix right!been there ,tee shirt etc.)

Is it a transparent or a 'milky bar' resin? The transparent, embedding resins seldom have a dry finish and have to be polished or scrubbed to get rid of the tackiness to this day. Tried using this to produce gaslamp tops for platform lights etc to use with LED's and found that not only did it not dry on the surface but it was also hellish expensive and smelt awful to boot, shelf life was about 6 weeks before it went solid in the container, altogether a catalogue of disasters.

Phil Traxson

Archived