K's HR twin wagon & LMS cattle wagon

hayfield

Is this a K's Highland Railway Twin wagon (I finished it in SR a few years ago as I needed some wagons to go behind a SR loco) please.

post-1131-128309434564_thumb.jpg

Also has anyone got pictures of a K's LMS cattle wagon and whitemetal 7 plank PO wagon, as hopefully providing I have brought off Ebay is what I think they are I only need these two to complete my collection of whitemetal K's wagons.

Thanks

Yes, that's a K's HR twin wagon. I have both an LMS cattle wagon and a P.O mineral but locating them is a problem at the moment. If I can find them I'll post pictures.

The Cattle wagon is the standard LMS design similar to the Slater's kit (which is a MR design, but the LMS version was developed from it.

The P.O. mineral is a 1907 RCH 8 plank wagon. IIRC on a 15' underframe.

davit

Thanks for the reply, sorry in the delay but Virgin National (non cable) went down on Monday lunchtime and came back last night, by then RMweb was down.

The photos would help please as I am looking on Ebay for these two, to make up the full set of whitemetal wagons, as hopefully the postman will be turning up with a GE sand wagon and the SECR box van.

If anyone reading this has spares of these 2 wagons and they wish to either sell or do a swap (as I have duplicates of some other K's wagons) please PM me.

I'll see what I can do. Most of my wagons are packed away somewhere, but I do have the TT version of the cattle wagon, which is the same as the 00 one. The P.O. wagon is more unlikely though I have two of them.

I've found this: http://www.51l.co.uk.../hrd036pair.PDF

Certainly more useful than K's non-existant instructions!

It looks very similar to the K's kit (as it should, being the same wagon), but lacks K's GWR oil boxes** (Early plastic Ratio kits were partial to these too!

** These are a good indication of a K's kit, but are not universal. Some have a square type IIRC.

I've found this: http://www.51l.co.uk.../hrd036pair.PDF

Certainly more useful than K's non-existant instructions!

It looks very similar to the K's kit (as it should, being the same wagon), but lacks K's GWR oil boxes** (Early plastic Ratio kits were partial to these too!

** These are a good indication of a K's kit, but are not universal. Some have a square type IIRC.

David thanks

I have saved the instructions and it looks like I will be able to do a quick repaint once I have removed the transfers, must get some LMS wagon transfers as I have a few to repaint.

If I start collecting TT wagons I guess I would become something like they have in gardening as having the 'national collection' of Keyser wagons. I see from the catalogue there are 11 TT wagons and 4 0 gauge ones.

As it is I think from memory I need 3 metal coaches and 2 plastic wagons, to complete the 00 gauge rolling stock collection.

My favorite model is the Karrier Ro-rail bus, though this comes under locos.

Rather late! (It took untill now to find it and persuade the camera to take a decent picture!)

This is the K's LMS cattle wagon kit (for once I got one yhat had been assembled reasonably and not coated in treacly paint!). It is starting to fall apart though. One of the wxleguards is broken off but really they need replacing as they are GWR pattern.The flash around the slots in the bodywork has to go too.

post-6780-049748000 1284383022_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I found one of my K's P.O. wagons today, so here it is. The photo's not the best, I'm afraid. The axleguards are non original (Kenline I think) and neither is the brake gear (Coopercraft). Red oxide livery (incomplete) on Slaters wheels (EM).THe length is the early RCH 15' over headstocks.

post-6780-022956000 1285438882_thumb.jpg

Archived