44781 on Corrie

• RMweb Premium

I must confess a soft spot for Coronation Street, it is part of our heritage, often there are silly story lines, but unlike some soaps Corrrie is not afraid to have a bit of a poke at itself and not be too serious. The look on Roy Croppers face when he arrived at the local station to be greeted by 44781. To top it all he and Chesney enjoyed a footplate ride while Hayley his wife to be sat in the observation car. Of course nothing goes smooth and the evil Mary has uncoupled the rear car which eventually breaks free of the train leaving Hayley Becky and Fiz walking along the track. In what is sheer Corrie bliss they find a 'Ghandi dancer' and there is a priceless scene of Fiz (Pregnant) Becky (fag in mouth) both pumping like mad as Hayley stands amidships like Boudicca on her chariot, just wonderful escapism and true Corrie brilliance.

Roy Cropper marrying another bloke probably is part of our current heritage, but Corrie producers didnt help their case by copping out and using a woman to play the part of a man! Not a programme I can stand, but the train whistle did catch my attention from the other room!

Archived