Model Shops in Barcelona?

• 4 years later...

Just for info. We were in Barcelona a week ago and there is a super little model shop at the town end of the famous La Rambla street. Located near the C&A shop (now there's a blast from the past!).

I spotted it from a tour bus when the words scaletrix caught my eye. A visit later in the day found the first floor selling many European makes of model railway (no UK stuff). Well worth a look.

Paul

I spotted it from a tour bus when the words scaletrix caught my eye. A visit later in the day found the first floor selling many European makes of mlyodel railway (no UK stuff). Well worth a look.

Paul

I did the same thing, which brought an huge sigh from the wife, "oh no, can't we go on one holiday without going into a model shop!"

Well, obviously not!

At the time they had quite a number of model tram kits in stock.

• RMweb Gold

A long time since I was last there. But look up Mabar. In a suburb to the north-east of the city.

I doubt though that any US models will be cheaper in Spain than here in the UK. Usually better to order from one of the box-shifters who advertise in Model Railroader although not all will do export. Sometimes, you may end up with a customs charge for VAT (and big Royal Mail handling charge) but many parcels to private addresses make it through the system without.

Archived