New N Gauge Layout

Calnefoxile

• RMweb Premium

I have been considering that actually, but I'm not a fan of modelling stations on curves, because in N the gap between Coaches and Platform edges looks a bit daft.

When I was typing it, I was thinking that the station on a curve has become a little predictable. I hadn't really considered the gap, but I guess that it's a relatively sharp curve so that would be an issue.

• 6 months later...

Well after much provaricating, I've only gone and started track laying=-O=-O

A bit of a shock I know, but I've gone and done it. With the help of a mate of mine some track has been laid.

I'll post some photos later.

I've gone for the Code55 on the front, and initially was going to lay it straight to the boards

but came across a bit of an issue, the sleepers weren't deep enough to allow the rails

to clear the copper clad at the board joints. So cork has now been layed under the track, which

meant lifting all that I had already laid:-(:-(

As I said, I'll post some photos later on.

Regards

Neal.

Right, here are the photos I promised. They've been taken with my Phone Camera, so I apologise for the quality. I have also included the new track plan, after discovering that the old one was 16' long and not 12'!!!!

post-95-0-04871900-1305493751_thumb.jpgpost-95-0-52922600-1305493066_thumb.jpgpost-95-0-40321500-1305493093_thumb.jpgpost-95-0-06094000-1305493112_thumb.jpgpost-95-0-24083800-1305493142_thumb.jpgpost-95-0-51014400-1305493037_thumb.jpg

I hope to get some more work done over the next few weekends, I can only really work on this over the weekends that SWMBO is at work, as it really takes over the lounge.

Regards

Neal.

Progress ;)

looking forward to seeing things running here, kind of reminds me of my old N main line many years ago while i was at school (same era.) Is there plans to have a crossover at all on the scenic side for the outer line to be able to access the yard?

Archived